NASA moon walker claims Alien cover-up

Geo

Mostly Harmless
Legend
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24070088-13762,00.html

FORMER NASA astronaut and moon-walker Dr Edgar Mitchell - a veteran of the Apollo 14 mission - has stunningly claimed aliens exist.

And he says extra-terrestrials have visited Earth on several occasions - but the alien contact has been repeatedly covered up by governments for six decades.

Dr Mitchell, 77, said during a radio interview that sources at the space agency who had had contact with aliens described the beings as 'little people who look strange to us.'

He said supposedly real-life ET's were similar to the traditional image of a small frame, large eyes and head.

Chillingly, he claimed our technology is "not nearly as sophisticated" as theirs and "had they been hostile", he warned "we would be been gone by now".

Dr Mitchell, along with with Apollo 14 commander Alan Shepard, holds the record for the longest ever moon walk, at nine hours and 17 minutes following their 1971 mission.

"I happen to have been privileged enough to be in on the fact that we've been visited on this planet and the UFO phenomena is real," Dr Mitchell said.

"It's been well covered up by all our governments for the last 60 years or so, but slowly it's leaked out and some of us have been privileged to have been briefed on some of it.

"I've been in military and intelligence circles, who know that beneath the surface of what has been public knowledge, yes - we have been visited. Reading the papers recently, it's been happening quite a bit."

Mitchell is an interesting case, as he's been on the. . .uh. . paranormal thing for quite some time. He's the founder of a place called IONS --the Institute of Noetic Sciences which he founded in 1973.

Here's IONS Vision/Mission statement:

At the Institute of Noetic Sciences, we employ the rigor of science, balanced by personal and collective wisdom, to support a shift in consciousness that transforms present global conditions into a world grounded in freedom, wisdom, and love. We serve an emerging movement of globally conscious citizens dedicated to manifesting our highest capacities.

The Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS):

Explores the frontiers of consciousness
Builds bridges between science and spirit
Researches subtle energies and the powers of healing
Inquires into the science of love, forgiveness, and gratitude
Studies the effects of conscious and compassionate intention
Seeks to understand the basis of prevailing worldviews
Practices freedom of thought and freedom of spirit
Our Mission:
Advancing the science of consciousness and human experience to serve individual and collective transformation.

i-want-to-believe.jpg

In summary he said

a) They look strange
b) Their technology is more advanced

which rather backs up my preconceived notions. So it must be true. :)

Dr Mitchell, 77, said during a radio interview that sources at the space agency who had had contact with aliens described the beings as 'little people who look strange to us.'

He said supposedly real-life ET's were similar to the traditional image of a small frame, large eyes and head.

I knew it
"I happen to have been privileged enough to be in on the fact that we've been visited on this planet and the UFO phenomena is real," Dr Mitchell said.

"It's been well covered up by all our governments for the last 60 years or so, but slowly it's leaked out and some of us have been privileged to have been briefed on some of it.
Luckily the goverment wasnt smart enough to consider he could just spoil everything on the radio :rolleyes:

I saw some UFO guys on Larry King trash talking Bill Nye for being a skeptic. One of the guys had a book detailing the motive of the aliens. I guess he must have spent a lot of time with them doing interviews.

The question should tend to be, would they be able to come and visit us or would they even know we're here? The chances of an intelligent alien species arising comparatively nearby (in the vastness of the Universe) and then being able to visit (would require FTL travel) could be incredibly small. To quote HHGTG:

Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space.

;)

Now, now, let's not go insulting people for pointing out things that are extremely likely to be true.

Roger. Will cut down on coffee. Aaaand you think calling someone the pope is insulting?
(dont answer, i get it, im getting off coffee tomorrow, i promise).

Back