My view on what PS3 games could/will look like.

Paul

Veteran
silenthill2_02.jpg

finalfantasyx_20.jpg

finalfantasyx_9.jpg

finalfantasyx_21.jpg

And this last pic, from FF the movie. I think PS3 COULD do this in real time, but whether in game conditions I haven't a clue.
img03.jpg

In a game, I don't know if the last one could be done IN GAME.

However, I am certain that PS3 could do that REAL TIME in a tech demo.

And what makes you so certain of this? Not that I'm doubting it, it probably could be done with a few hacks here and there.

heh. I doubt we will see that in game. Mabye twice - three times the graphics of doom3.

Because look at this Xbox tech demo of Raven

robot1.jpg

It looks similar to the last picture I posted.

No way in hell PS3 can't do that last picture as a tech demo.

Paul said:
Because look at this Xbox tech demo of Raven

robot1.jpg

It looks similar to the last picture I posted.

No way in hell PS3 can't do that last picture as a tech demo.

There is nothing going on in that picture and if the whole game would reflect that i'd laugh all over it .

Paul said:
Then by all means, download the tech demo.

http://www.pipeworks.net/oldgallery.html

I've seen it. Look at what you see. Do you see any interaction with the surroundings ? Would you want to play a game that looks that bland. load a game and look at all thats going on in the picture. Then look at this tech demo. The tech demo is pretty lacking. Thats why i pay no attention to tech demos.

Im trying to make the point that PS3 could do that FF The movie character I posted above as a Tech demo.

You came in and turned everything around.

Who cares if a tech demo doesn't truely reflect what you would see in a game? That wasn't the point im trying to prove here.

Paul said:
Im trying to make the point that PS3 could do that FF The movie character I posted above as a Tech demo.

You came in and turned everything around.

Who cares if a tech demo doesn't truely reflect what you would see in a game? That wasn't the point im trying to prove here.

alright , 1,4,5 they can prob do . I think the others have to many light sources and the only way for them to do it Is to fake the light sources or get rid of them which then wouldn't be doing the actual pic. The others mabye by 3rd gen games.. mabye. But thats only if they hit thier design goals

btw , read what the tittle of this post says. It doesn't say tech demo it says games. Don't change the convo half way through

Try looking at what I said right above the FF pic?

And this last pic, from FF the movie. I think PS3 COULD do this in real time, but whether in game conditions I haven't a clue.

ANd i go back to saying. Why include tech demo's or what a future tech demo can look like in a post about games.

Eh, I though it was confirmed that 'tech demo' was pre-rendered? Not saying that Xbox couldn't do something like that in realtime, but that's just what they did for the presentation. Besides, the way it looks, it's hardly comparable to FF:TSW quality.

Paul, that XBox tech demo was NOT even an XBox tech demo at all!
it wasnt rendered on XBox whatsoever, it's completelyprerendered.

there was a realtime XBox version of that prerendered CGI, but it was done at something like 1/5th the quality, on GF2 GTS hardware. but the picture you showed is from the offline/prerendered version.

here's the realtime version
raven_5.jpg

raven_3.jpg

now where near as good, is it.

Yeah, you can pick out a lot when staring at a still frame and comparing A to B. However, I think if you throw some AA on the latter pix and watch it in motion, most people wouldn't even notice. I'm not saying I can't see some telltale signs, but I'm just saying that fluid imagery can cover up a lot. The latter pix don't even look like a rendering at Xbox's maximum resolution (or maybe it is just the high contrast of light to dark areas of that particular scene), so that will make them look even more aliased than they "need" to be.

randycat99 said:
Yeah, you can pick out a lot when staring at a still frame and comparing A to B. However, I think if you throw some AA on the latter pix and watch it in motion, most people wouldn't even notice. I'm not saying I can't see some telltale signs, but I'm just saying that fluid imagery can cover up a lot. The latter pix don't even look like a rendering at Xbox's maximum resolution (or maybe it is just the high contrast of light to dark areas of that particular scene), so that will make them look even more aliased than they "need" to be.

Dude the diffrence is light and day. If you can't tell the diffrence you really should go back to playing nes games. I still say the games wont look like thoe first pics he posted. Prove me wrong.

Back