My cat died :(

orangpelupa

Elite Bug Hunter
Legend
Sorry, I just got to throw this off my chest...

My cat just died this morning. After being force fed to no avail due to its keeps vomiting everything...

My other cat keeps crying every hour or so, and instantly calm after it saw the other cat that's now dead.

Now the sick car is dead and my other cat keeps looking for it, and didn't want to eat :( :( :(

I hope it'll be eating again today

gembus is a great name :) poppies is too :D
Your other cat lost a friend today too, so I wouldn't worry if they aren't hungry today. If they don't eat tomorrow or the next day you might want to take them to a vet, just to be safe.
Fingers crossed they are fine though, just sad.
gembus was lucky to have such a caring guardian it seems :)

What a bummer eh. I was a wreck for about two weeks when my childhood cat died. I would think of her throughout the day, and feel sorry for the pain she had endured before her death, and guilty for not doing more for her. Then I realized those moments were a miniscule fraction of her long life, and we had shared way more moments of joy and love together than those of pain. And whenever I think of her again, I focus on those moments.

But such is life, brother. Death lingers about, and can catch anyone of us, or our loved ones with orwithout notice. I believe when someone close to us passes, we must take that oportunity to let the feelings wash over us. Let the pain come and go. Let the good memories too. Let yourself realize how fragile life is, but also how beutiful it can be. Its these thoughs and feelings that build us.

And man, your cat was a bona fide celebrity here at Beyond3D. Guy was one of the best known characters of our colorful group here. We never knew him, but it felt like we did. May his soul live on (hopefully, away from your eletroniv devices at least)

Good luck, friend. I feel for your loss.

As for the other one, I would not be to worried about it not eating for a day or two. That's normal. It is in pain too.

On my cats last months it was very weak and would go on days without eating. My vets recomendation then was to offer it milk or meat, and often she would not refuse those, even when her apetite was low.

What a bummer eh. I was a wreck for about two weeks when my childhood cat died. I would think of her throughout the day, and feel sorry for the pain she had endured before her death, and guilty for not doing more for her. Then I realized those moments were a miniscule fraction of her long life, and we had shared way more moments of joy and love together than those of pain. And whenever I think of her again, I focus on those moments.

But such is life, brother. Death lingers about, and can catch anyone of us, or our loved ones with orwithout notice. I believe when someone close to us passes, we must take that oportunity to let the feelings wash over us. Let the pain come and go. Let the good memories too. Let yourself realize how fragile life is, but also how beutiful it can be. Its these thoughs and feelings that build us.

And man, your cat was a bona fide celebrity here at Beyond3D. Guy was one of the best known characters of our colorful group here. We never knew him, but it felt like we did. May his soul live on (hopefully, away from your eletroniv devices at least)

Good luck, friend. I feel for your loss.

As for the other one, I would not be to worried about it not eating for a day or two. That's normal. It is in pain too.

On my cats last months it was very weak and would go on days without eating. My vets recomendation then was to offer it milk or meat, and often she would not refuse those, even when her apetite was low.

Thank you. Yeah pets are like family... My dad and lil bro doesn't seem have any problem tho. Seems just me and mom that's taking this hard.

We're much better now, and the cats that are still alive also eats (almost) regularly again now.

Thanks everyone for your words, it really meant a lot.

Sorry to hear about your loss and glad your other cat is recovering.

One of my cats suffers from a lymphoma which makes her vomit a lot; your cat might have had the same illness. I changed her food following vet advice. She still eats and is as lovely as ever, but I know the end is getting closer :(

:( :(

today my mom was going out, and i was in "front room" working from home, and the cat suddenly cries.

i walk there, and turns out my cat just walking aimlessly in my mother's bedroom.

:( :(

Your cat needs a companion, you know what you have to do :)

Or you can wait for some weeks and see if that goes away. Just be very careful that he doesn't develop too many signs of stress (not eating, licking himself too much, etc.); that could mean cat depression, an illness that has to be taken care of quickly.

My condolences. May your cat be waiting for you in heaven, clogging up the vents of your celestial electronics.

And maybe show your other cat some pictures of cat boobs to remind him that life's rather wonderful.

I would recommend trying not to be haunted by the sad moments, which are likely to most boldly resonate at the moment. Every time your mind wanders in that direction, take it as an opportunity to take control of your thoughts and remember the joyful moments instead. And watch Tree of Life, potentially under the influence of powerful psychedelics.

Yeah pets are like family... My dad and lil bro doesn't seem have any problem tho. Seems just me and mom that's taking this hard.

That's a fairly common behaviour for men: just ignoring emotions. Personally, I deflect my emotions by way of penis jokes. And wanking, of course, at the thought of those sweet, sweet cat boobs.

Sorry to hear. I had a cat for almost 20 years, my sister got him when I was barely 12 and the day he left us was painful as hell.

my oldest cat has been afraid of its own food for a few days now. it keeps asking for food but it keeps getting scared. now its really thin. i gonna fed it with soft food with syringe but i instantly remember my cat that died and i just cant.... im asking my lil bro to feed it...

my mom, dad, and lil brother still positive with covid... aunt died to covid, uncle and cousins still recovering... i got no IRL friends to talk to, all my friends has spread their wings to various places across the country... and some even goes overseas....

i guess, all these years i've been living with no IRL friends nearby, finally it hits me, i am lonely...

sorry for the rambling...i.. i.. just need to get this off my chest...

stay healthy everyone! and keep good communication with frends, family.

Back