MultiSample Depth buffer Resolve

Not quite true, KindDragon.
I'm using INTZ on XP without any problem (8800GTS/GTX/GT, 8500...). I'm also using RAWZ on XP (7900).

Could you please provide some detail on this? I'm trying to use INTZ on WinXP (8600 with latest drivers) and so far I got the scene rendered through INTZ depth buffer. However, texture fetches always return the value I use for clearing the depth buffer in all channels. Is there some trick that I am missing? Basically, I do the following:
1. Create a texture with INTZ fourcc.
2. Get its mip 0 and set it as depth-stencil surface.
3. Clear depth buffer.
4. Render.
5. Unset the intz surface and set the master texture on a shader.

Any ideas?

Alex

Update:

Heh, it turned out that it's working actually, just the values in the depth buffer are very close to 1. :oops:

Anyone tried this feature recently? did they remove the feature?

I failed to create the texture like this:
g_pD3DDevice->CreateTexture(winWidth, winHeight,1,D3DUSAGE_DEPTHSTENCIL, ((D3DFORMAT) MAKEFOURCC('I','N','T','Z')), D3DPOOL_DEFAULT, &g_p_DepthStencil_Tex,NULL);

which said Direct3D9: (ERROR) :Invalid format specified for texture

not working for ((D3DFORMAT) MAKEFOURCC('R','A','W','Z')) too.
I'm using 8800GTS and a very recent driver.

Anyone tried this feature recently? did they remove the feature?

I failed to create the texture like this:
g_pD3DDevice->CreateTexture(winWidth, winHeight,1,D3DUSAGE_DEPTHSTENCIL, ((D3DFORMAT) MAKEFOURCC('I','N','T','Z')), D3DPOOL_DEFAULT, &g_p_DepthStencil_Tex,NULL);

which said Direct3D9: (ERROR) :Invalid format specified for texture

not working for ((D3DFORMAT) MAKEFOURCC('R','A','W','Z')) too.
I'm using 8800GTS and a very recent driver.

I'm using INTZ constantly without a problem (including on 8800GTS). I don't see anything wrong with you code either... Does it also fail with the retail version?

Back