Multiplayer games that won't work on net connect LAN

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by bloodbob, Feb 28, 2007.

1. bloodbob

bloodbob Trollipop
    Veteran

Really it is rather poor we are looking to have a LAN at work one of the provisions is it won't access any of the work network i.e. it won't be attached to the internet. But of course many of the games these days being all anti-pirating require a internet connection.

Is it just me or is it another way we are getting screwed by DRM. Whats the best way to stop software companies doing this? Is not buying the software the best way?

2. _xxx_

Banned

You can game while at work? Who should I send my CV to?

3. bloodbob

bloodbob Trollipop
    Veteran

If you want a data processing job in the mail industry in brisbane send your CV i'll forward it onto my deparement head aka the one other person I work with in IT ( there are two companies at work :p other one is an IT firm). It will be on the weekend.

4. Davros

Legend

Descent....

5. Ty

Ty Roberta E. Lee
    Veteran

Descent? I was a huge Descent (mostly 2) fan. Frittered away hours and hours on Kali.

6. Davros

Legend

7. see colon

see colon All Ham & No Potatos
    Veteran

what kinds of games are you looking at playing? i mean, the only non-MMO games i can really think of that would require a net connection would be Steam titles, and you can play them in offline mode.

you could also work around the work network by using a cellphone as a modem (or mobile broadband PC card, if someone has that), or set up a computer at someones house as a dial-up server, dial out from one of the lan computers (assuming you can use the phone line there) and have ICS on both ends. it wouldn't be fast at all, but should eneable you to authenticate games.