msn messenger

Davros

Legend
Just re-installed xp on a netbook using the recovery partition and when I clicked on msn messenger the first page that came up was a choose your pricing plan page - wtf
I thought it was supposed to be free
so i downloaded the latest version off the net and I didnt see that dialog

You must have forgotten to forward that e-mail to at least 15 of your buddies from Andy and john at MS telling you that MSN Messenger won't be free anymore unless you complied with their chain e-mail request.

Here is a copy:
Hey it is Andy and john the directors of MSN, sorry for the interruption but msn is closing down. this is because too many inconsiderate people are taking up all the name (eg making up lots of different accounts for just one person), we only have 578 names left. If you would like to close your account, DO NOT SEND THIS MESSAGE ON. If you would like to keep your account, then SEND THIS MESSAGE TO EVERYONE ON YOUR CONTACT LIST. This is no joke, we will be shutting down the servers. Send it on, thanks.
WHO EVER DOES NOT SEND THIS MESSEAGE, YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE CLOSED AND YOU WILL COST £10.00 A MONTH TO USE. SEND THIS TO EVERYONE ON YOUR CONTACT LIST.
NOW YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO. PLEASE DO NOT FORWARD THIS or REPLAY. COPY THE WHOLE EMAIL. GO BACK TO YOUR INBOX AND CLICK ON NEW. AND PASTE
THANK YOU FOR YOUR ATTENTION

Remember not to REPLAY... there's a good Davros.

I've never been willing to care about ads, interface cruft, worry about the use of the internet explorer engine.

So I use AMSN, which is also easily installed in a linux-based OS (now you get a decent version from the package manager).

In Win7 Live Messenger won't minimise to tray :mad:
I have the silly task bar pinning/grouping turned off so I get a damn taskbar icon & closing that exits the program :rolleyes:
Have been meaning to try some other alternative.

I have the silly task bar pinning/grouping turned off so I get a damn taskbar icon & closing that exits the program :rolleyes:

That's the new interface guidelines for Win7. MS is depreciating the system tray and using the taskbar for everything. You know, like a Mac....

ouch.
imagine a taskbar filled with real player, norton 360, bonzi buddy, useless camera applets and so on :LOL:.
plus the windows 7 taskbar doesn't make too much sense for me. had a quick try again on a laptop, hiding the explorer windows in a square I have to click on is not too friendly when I have to use a touchpad, plus it's reminiscent of those NextStep squares thingies I couldn't make sense of, on a older Damn Small Linux system.

Yeah, I agree. I like the Win7 taskbar with a mouse, but with a trackpad it's horrible. But then again, I hate trackpads period.

That's the new interface guidelines for Win7. MS is depreciating the system tray and using the taskbar for everything. You know, like a Mac....

There is easy way to fix it!

Just follow this guide:

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/...o-notification-area-system-tray-in-windows-7/
:D

Back