MSN Messenger is still alive!

Discussion in 'PC Hardware, Software and Displays' started by Cyan, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

2. Silent_Buddha

Legend

I miss MSN Messenger. Better than Skype if you didn't need voice messaging. I still remember playing games (like Pool) with friends through MSN Messenger.

Cool, that some people are putting up servers, but not something I could reasonably use anymore. Shame.

Regards,
    SB

Cyan likes this.
  3. Davros

Legend

I was an ICQ user then i switched to Trillian because it supported multiple messengers

4. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

by using it again, my fear is that someone get my email account for no reason. If it was the official app then I' reinstall it in a jiffy. MSN Messenger and MSN Zone are probably two of the best apps MS ever made. The Zone had an incredible UI too, for those who played AoE it was superb.
    haven't tried any of those back then, tbh.

5. Silent_Buddha

Legend

Yeah, I hung onto ICQ for a long time, basically until I only had 1 contact left using it. Then I switched to MSN Messenger. Which then turned into Live Messenger. Which then got EOL'd and I had to switch to Skype.

Regards,
    SB

6. Davros

Legend

remember yahoo messenger as well, trillian allowed you to talk to people on icq, msn, yahoo, aim, irc