MS: 'Future Xbox 360 exclusives will surpass Killzone 2'

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanquish

Banned
According to a MS press statement, certain unannounced Xbox 360 exclusives will have technology that will 'far surpass' the visuals seen in KZ2.

“We congratulate Sony and Guerilla Games for their efforts with Killzone 2, however this is only the beginning of a new wave. The current technology employed for certain unannounced Xbox 360 exclusives far surpasses what gamers have seen in any game so far. Gears of War was the beginning of this technological benchmark when released on the 360 and this lineage will be carried forward in the following months with exclusives that shall stand for a new definition of gaming experience and provide stiff competition for the opposition.”

http://www.gameguru.in/microsoft-xbox-360/2009/02/future-xbox-360-exclusives-will-surpass-killzone-2-microsoft/

They certainly sound confident, is it just the normal PR BS? Does anyone think MS actually has exclusives that are more technically impressive than KZ2, up their sleeves?.

I for one don't see this happening (at least in the short term), for the simple reason that no one is pushing the 360 as hard as Sony's 1st party devs are pushing the PS3. And that's before we even get to arguments on which is the more powerful console.

By general consensus the best looking game on the 360 is a third party game running on a multiplatform engine. Which is not a good sign.

It's PR BS, but I suppose it's possible for them to match KZ.

The last MS PR bit that made me chuckle was comparing Too Human to LOTR or Star Wars.

Ahem, future Sony and Microsoft games will surpass KillZone 2. The Sun will continue to rise from the East. If Nintendo announces this, I'll go out and buy 10 Wiis.

But "Far surpass" with current engines employed? PR BS, considering that they have the tendency to announce title and release them with 6-8 months.

Ahem, future Sony and Microsoft games will surpass KillZone 2. The Sun will continue to rise from the East. If Nintendo announces this, I'll go out and buy 10 Wiis.

We're talking about short term, not in the hazy future.

They talk about exclusives coming out in the following months and 'current technology (which means the game is up and running somewhere) employed for certain unannounced 360 exclusives far surpasses what gamers have seen in any game so far'.

The article claims that the technology will farsurpass those in any games we have seen so far. The PC GPU camp will probably want to have a few words with the spokeperson in terms of accuracy. Also, the technology may be advanced but what gets implemented in the game may be a different grade altogether (e.g., raytracing).

As we have seen in KZ2, it's not only the technologies that make a game. The art side and gameplay may be equally important.

As for advancement, I am pretty sure developers who contributed to and shared KZ2 technologies are already working on their next titles. The same for Crysis, Rage folks. Everyone is innovating to beat whoever's in front at the moment. There is no need to wait 6-8 years or some hazy future.

Sorry, we generally don't allow PR talk as such that are vague and lacking in any technical discussion... (and are really just flame bait for forums everywhere)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back