MS Anti-Spyware turning autostart off ?

rainz

Veteran
Hello,

Simple question..
Is it possible to turn off the "autostart" of the MS Anti-Spyware when Windows boots? The program seems to be good but i dont want it always running in the background and it starts each times i boot. ( it's currently uninstalled ).

Thanks

RainZ

rainz said:
digitalwanderer said:
Open up msconfig and uncheck it?

Yeh i know that .. But there's any other way ? I missed an option or something ?

RainZ

Linux?

:LOL:

did you check services also? maybe it also runs as service or something (just guessing here, dont crucify me for that :p )

Guden Oden said:
I had that problem too; it wasn't friggen possible to turn the mother-fucker OFF.

Solution?

Uninstall.

Same here.

I also have reason to believe that MS Antispyware was responsible for messing up the sort order of files/folders in my open and save dialogues. I already have and use Ad-aware so I removed MS Antispyware before getting into too much troubleshooting with the "start with Windows" problem. It's a beta after all and an MS one at that... *gulp* :p

Spy ware

I am having a problem and I think our friend spy ware is the culprit. I use Verizon/Yahoo for my internet provider. When I try to check my email and then go back and look at internet temp. files it can be as many as 500+ files. If I go to the internet for a couple of minutes and get off and go to check on how many internet temp files are there it can be as many as 1,400 or more files. How can I turn spy ware off???:

Remove all anti-spyware stuff, and use Firefox. And if you want to check and make sure, use hijackthis.de.

Back