Movie Reviews 2.0

so avatar 2 would be amazing in 3D bluray in PSVR2

HFR capable, zero 3D ghosting/overlap strain, OLED, spatial audio.

btw anyone bothered with the per-scene HFR LFR switcheroo?

I did notice some obvious change but not to the level of "bothered" though.
It's very beautiful of course but in a sense I feel like watching an extremely high quality video game. I mean, like a video game from maybe 20 years (or more) in the future.
By the way, I heard from someone (unable to verify) that the data size of the whole movie (not sure if it's HRF 3D or IMAX) is ~600 GB. So this is probably one of the movies that you can't really reproduce the experience in your own home (unless of course you got a professional projector and these movie data).

I did notice some obvious change but not to the level of "bothered" though.
It's very beautiful of course but in a sense I feel like watching an extremely high quality video game. I mean, like a video game from maybe 20 years (or more) in the future.
By the way, I heard from someone (unable to verify) that the data size of the whole movie (not sure if it's HRF 3D or IMAX) is ~600 GB. So this is probably one of the movies that you can't really reproduce the experience in your own home (unless of course you got a professional projector and these movie data).
isnt the large size probably due to using low compression ratio codec?

isnt the large size probably due to using low compression ratio codec?

Yes, but even if it's using something ancient like MPEG-2 its still more than 400Mbps of data rate, and even modern codecs can't compete with that, especially in those "difficult" scenes.

Just watched ambulance movie, lol it's a hilarious, heart pumping, seat gripping, Michael Bay movie.

The so many dark jokes played as serius stuff, and the straight up jokes were amazingly fun.

The cameras got too many cuts in a short time tho.

Edit: oh and it is may be fun to start counting for drone shots.

Last edited:
Sadly UHD spec doesn't support 48fps or 3D movies, so we cannot watch it it's intended way anyway.

Gemini man was originally 4k 120fps 3D movie, so it could be converted to 2D 60fps easily and looks quite amazing.

Sadly UHD spec doesn't support 48fps or 3D movies, so we cannot watch it it's intended way anyway.

Gemini man was originally 4k 120fps 3D movie, so it could be converted to 2D 60fps easily and looks quite amazing.
I'm quite surprised that Gemini Man never came out on any streaming services at HFR. Pretty sure the usual apps support it and it's the easiest way to get it to our TVs, since physical media won't cut it

It is, but it seems straming seems to be the best way for this kind of unusual format (4k, HFR etc)
I've been keeping an eye on the quality of 4K streaming and it seems that unless you are very lucky, have a good Internet connection and are located in select places, whilst 4K is readily accessible, 4K at good bitrates is pretty much limited to Apple's service.

whoa the tetris movie is surprisingly good!

it got a bunch of silly CGI (and some bad ones), and some drama that feels forced (but maybe those drama did happen? as real life can be surprisingly weird). But overall, it was good!

Decided to watch Terminator Damp Fart finally. It was stupid of course but sort of better than I expected. A little less bouncy baddie, and with cutting Arnie out completely, it might have been not-bad, though mostly irrelevant then. Because they only made it to get Arnold and Linda on screen.

Last edited:
Poor reviews ... go figure! o_O
The new Super Mario Bros Movie has broken box office records, scoring the most successful global opening of all time for an animated film.

The family film - Hollywood's second version of the hit Nintendo game - took $377m (£303m) around the world in its first five days on release.
That overtook the previous record of $358m (£288m) held by Frozen 2.

Back