Movie-based games that didn't suck

Geeforcer

Harmlessly Evil
Veteran
The discussion in the Matrix thread has given me an idea: what movie-bases games have you actually liked?

Off-hand, I can only think of Blade Runner and Lucas Arts India Jones games.

First person that says Star Wars: Rogue Leader gets slapped! :devilish:

Uh, let me think... Goldeneye 007 for sure. Also, Sword of the Berserk (anime-based, same difference) was a very solid beat-em-up.

I also liked Heavy Metal: FAKK2, I admit it. I'm a closet Heavy Metal fan :oops:

Hah, duh. I'll have to say Star Wars: Rogue Squadron on that one. ^_~

RS is more enjoyable than RL, I think.

Goldeneye is the only game I would consider to be great based on a movie.

Ozy-

Without a doubt I would say Rogue Leader is better then LOTR:TTT.

Movies based on games should be fun as well ;)

The only movie that was 'decent' was Resident Evil... but it was like they used all of their budget to make the last scène. :)

Heh, movies based on games? Resident Evil was horrifying, and I don't mean scary 8)

Another movie-based game that didn't suck; I rather enjoy Star Trek: Armada, though its engine seems a little too ripped-straight-out-of-WarCraft...

BenSkywalker said:
Ozy-

Without a doubt I would say Rogue Leader is better then LOTR:TTT.

Maybe. I never bothered playing Lord of the Rings though, so I can't say for sure.

I can usually spot a game that I'm not going to like ;)

Star Wars games, many of them.
Indiana jone and the fate of atlantis : wonderfull.

Some other maybe...

On the movie front : Tomb Raider was good IMO.

There are

Spiderman the movie
Rocky
Harry Potter
Macross (not the recent one, but the old 2D shooters base on the movie)
Disney Lilo & Stich, Beauty & Beast, Alladin, etc.

I am sure there are many more that are decent.

Lord of the Rings Two Towers, and Gundam: Fed vs Zeon (anime, same difference!).

OT, but as I type this my buddy is piloting the ship in the 'real world' in EtM, and omg im not kidding when I say GLIDE Decent looked better than this. On top of that, he just phased into a wall and is now stuck. Heh. This segment of the game gets a full blown 1/10 :p Like how at University some Profs give you a mark for putting your name on a paper? This gets a mark for actually loading :p

But back to topic! SpiderMan the Movie was ho humly decent.. like a 7.5 out of ten or so!

Thinking on a complete tangent, I wonder if it is even possible to make a Need For Speed movie. That could be a car lover's dream movie, perhaps!

randycat99 said:
Thinking on a complete tangent, I wonder if it is even possible to make a Need For Speed movie. That could be a car lover's dream movie, perhaps!

Fast and the Furious? ;)

Uh, NO! The only thing in common between them is the generic term "cars", but there certainly is no inspirational similarity. NFS has nothing to do with bees-in-a-can, 4-bangers and body kits. I find myself categorically offended by such an association! ;) I'm asking about a real NFS movie, not just a movie about cars.

Well, I generally stay away from them, as they tend to suck...but the only one I can remember that didn´t was GE.

Back