Motorstorm IN-GAME Video (JP)

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
The first time he pauses the game and rotates the camera you can see the reflection of the enviroment on the truck. Nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, the ilumination it's great, and the mud too. Incredible.

The gameplay looks A LOT faster but the graphics look a little worse. It looks like you start out by driving medium weight cars that are built for speed and then learn how to use the extremely different cars in weight. It looks like it could be fun if the AI is good. I'm actually interested in it now.

I hope it's better than the demo on the in-store displays. "Sluggish as hell to play" is the only impression I went away with after playing it for a while.

The gameplay looks A LOT faster but the graphics look a little worse. It looks like you start out by driving medium weight cars that are built for speed and then learn how to use the extremely different cars in weight. It looks like it could be fun if the AI is good. I'm actually interested in it now.

how can y ou compare the gfx on that low quality home made video?

I bought MotorStorm this past Friday after work. I have to say that it really lives up to the hype. The graphics are top notch, but more importantly the game is just damn fun.

The physics based racing gameplay really adds a new element of fun that I haven't really experienced in other racing games before.

They start you off slow taking a series of courses in different vehicles, but then once you pass those all hell breaks loose, and the computer AI becomes a real bastard. It can be really challenging at times to win, but once you do you actually feel a great sense of accomplishment in one-upping the AI.

Although I wouldn't recommend it if you are trying to win, but the 1st-person view is really intense, and is indeed close to the same thing they showed with the E3 video so long ago.

Unfortunately the JP version has no online, but it's apparently going to be added later via a patch.

You seem to get mud on the windshield only in small splotches and they quickly disappear, which--I suppose--is what they need to do to keep gamers from crying in frustration in hurling their controllers. :p It's further along to the kind of 1st-person experience I'd want, but it could be better.

If only there were a difficulty option you could change to leave mud smears resident and have it reflect the way anyone doing this kind of racing would be seeing. ;)

Thankfully there doesn't appear to be anywhere near the same kind of slowdowns the in-store demos are subject to, so I am enthused. (But still not considering picked up one until Heavenly Sword is out. Hehe...)

You seem to get mud on the windshield only in small splotches and they quickly disappear, which--I suppose--is what they need to do to keep gamers from crying in frustration in hurling their controllers. :p It's further along to the kind of 1st-person experience I'd want, but it could be better.
You can see that if they went for realism, driving first person would be impossible! You couldn't see a damned thing! They need a windscreen wiper for Motorstorm 2, smearing the mud across the screen and preventing you from seeing anything. :devilish:

The car lighting in this game is fab, but the foliage...:no: 2D billboarded sprites isn't what I was expecting from next-gen!

Back