Motogp 2008 championship...

suryad

Veteran
Rossi won! I guess yall are not a fan of that sport here? But are more fans of the F1 sport. But for me Motogp is where its at and Rossi is truly the greatest ever.

I wish I had my MV Agusta here I would go for a lap around the town or something lol.

I sometimes watch motogp. Not a big fan but its fun to watch sometimes. Didnt watch the race as it was on like 6am.

As for motogp, its going the way F1 is now leaving, lots of tech to help the drivers. I guess the big advantage of motogp is that by nature motorbikes will always be able to run more close to each other because of limited aerodynamics so you will never get races like F1 where all the cars just run fast parade laps for the whole time because they cant pass.

I use to watch MotoGP but nowadays the results are too predictable. Rossi is just too darn good at what he does. He's like Michael Shumacher when he was still racing in F1.

Rossi has now completely his mental breakdown of Stoner like he did with Sete and Biaggi prior. Don't expect Stoner to give Rossi a hard time in 2009. The onslaught from Laguna until now has mentally done Stoner in.

I think Motogp is anything but predictable. But yes Rossi and Stoner are in a class of their own where they just demolish everyone else. I am not so sure I would count out Stoner. That man is a robot and despite having made those mistakes, him and his Duc are one formidable package. I dont think we are going to see the repeat of Sete and Biaggi prior though.

And Motogp I guess is more exciting if one is into riding motorcycles. I have driven and ridden in fast cars before but that is no rush at all. Dragging knee at a 100 mph into a sweeper now THAT is fun :)

Frankly, WSBK have been much more fun and I'm really going to miss Bayliss next year. Easily my favorite rider.

I think Bayliss is everybody's favorite rider. That guy just rides his heart out. I do like Haga though I must say. Hes just so not consistent. But what skillz!

I follow MotoGP :) Rossi struggled last year because of the tires and it showed this year with Jorge Lorenzo. I think once Lorenzo and Rossi are on the same tire, Rossi is gonna have a difficult time trying to contain Lorenzo.

I do however think Rossi should take next years title too. :) Go Rossi.

Lorenzo this year really impressed me.

US

Yeah if he had not had those spectacular 3 crashes this year I bet he would have been a championship contender. I was hoping he would beat Pedrosa in the championship standings because I cant stand him!

And it was just not the tires that had Rossi down last year, I think the Yamaha was crap as well. The Ducati does not seem like it improved other than traction control for this year but the Yamaha improved a ton and it still is nowhere near the outright brute horsepower of the Ducati but it seems to do a lot better in the corners than the powerful Duc. So its a combination of tires and the bike, basically the overall package that was more to Rossi's liking that had him trounce everyone.

It was odd though because the Ducati had a mid season surge where it was just rocking and then I guess Rossi got under Stoner's skin resulting in some crashes. I still reckon Stoner, Pedrosa, Lorenzo and Rossi and possibly Dovi to be the main contenders next year. It will definitely be a lot more exciting I think what with the one tyre rule and all that.

I just want Rossi to win the remaining 3 races of the year :) and get close to 100 victories!

I use to watch MotoGP but nowadays the results are too predictable. Rossi is just too darn good at what he does. He's like Michael Shumacher when he was still racing in F1.
Not really true, in the later years when he was winning everything Schumacher was in the best car (and when they dropped the ball he was soundly beaten 2 years running by a driver of similar all be it less talent), Rossi deliberately changed teams because he wanted to prove it was him and not the bike that was good as Honda were telling everyone at the time.

Thats why I will never tire of seeing Rossi win no matter what, where as I couldn't wait for Schumacher to lose.

Races like Philip Island where Rossi goes from 12th to 2nd is exactly why this sport is so much more fun to watch!

Not really true, in the later years when he was winning everything Schumacher was in the best car (and when they dropped the ball he was soundly beaten 2 years running by a driver of similar all be it less talent), Rossi deliberately changed teams because he wanted to prove it was him and not the bike that was good as Honda were telling everyone at the time.

Thats why I will never tire of seeing Rossi win no matter what, where as I couldn't wait for Schumacher to lose.

Not true. Schumacher left Benneton when he was winning and joined Ferrari who for years where mostly stuck in the middlefield. He then spend a couple of years getting the team where it is now. You cant say Schumacher succes was just given to him by Ferrari, he had to work for that hard just like Rossi does. That Schumacher didnt change team isnt that weird given F1 is a total different ballpark than Motogp. Far more advanced and you cant just change team and get that up to the top in 1 or 2 years. There is to much involved in F1 to be able to do that (like money, the team etc, a drivers (development) skills are just a part of the whole).

Benneton were never the best car.

I'm am not saying Schumacher wasn't a great driver he was, but instead of challenging himself he stuck with the best team and didn't have any answers when their car wasn't so good. Schumacher made less of a difference than he used to because he got comfortable winning with minimal effort.

This maybe doing Alonso a disservice, but Schumacher in his late 20s would've still kicked his ass.

Dude, he made Ferrari what it is. The fact that he did not won the WDC for 2 seasons (like wtf is not winning the WDC 2 years so bad? Most drivers dont even win a race! and now suddenly not winning the wdc, and just ending second (such a crappy performance) and you dont know the anwsers) isnt all his fault. He can give feedback, say what needs to be better, but if the guys designing the car cant do that, or the other team just does a better job you dont win. I mean, Alonso is a 2time wdc, won from schumacher, and where is he now? where was he at mclaren? You cant do everything buy yourself, the rest of the team also has to deliver.

But still, I do agree with you to some point. He won so much, already getting a bit older, and actually probably wanting to stop 1 season earlier but trying it again because he didnt win, it all wasnt what it used to be.

I guess yall are not a fan of that sport here?

We cheer for Simoncelli, dovizioso, and Ducati!!!

We were at indianapolis, it sunday was horrible in the hurricane. Who would have thought a hurricane at the 1st indy MotoGP race... what are the chances :(

I can post my pictures if you like.

Frankly, WSBK have been much more fun and I'm really going to miss Bayliss next year. Easily my favorite rider.

Will be more fun next year as well, soooo many more manufacturers, it's gonna be awesome.

Wish troy would have stayed another year.

Agreed on the WSBK Verge. Also it looks like competition in Motogp will be a lot closer considering people will be tied to one manufacturerer aka Bridgestone.

Back