All Future Sony first-party PlayStation games coming to PC

Yes, but the main attraction of TLOU franchise is the top of the line story presentation, characters and script. Generic zombie games on other platforms are not known for that. If nothing else, they will release PC port of TLOU2.

"Total overhaul of the original experience, faithfully reproduced with modernized gameplay"

I thought the gameplay was considered good? Why does it need to be modernized with a 'total overhaul'? What does that even mean? Having seen so many franchises ruined in Hollywood by extension, I'm really dubious about this.

"Total overhaul of the original experience, faithfully reproduced with modernized gameplay"

I thought the gameplay was considered good? Why does it need to be modernized with a 'total overhaul'? What does that even mean? Having seen so many franchises ruined in Hollywood by extension, I'm really dubious about this.

That's what I asked elsewhere, as that PR sentence packs two contradictory statements -- "total overhaul" and "faithfully reproduced". So which is it? They haven't shown us anything where we can draw our own conclusions.

At the end of the Summer Games Fest show, he mentioned that the AI and animation system was updated to use the same systems as is used in TLOU2.

So, WRT gameplay, it'll be different enemy AI than in the original.

Regards,
SB

That's what I asked elsewhere, as that PR sentence packs two contradictory statements -- "total overhaul" and "faithfully reproduced". So which is it? They haven't shown us anything where we can draw our own conclusions.

I don't know if either of you have played the original game and Part II, but they're essentially the same mechanics but they are far apart in terms of execution, particularly traversal and combat. In the same way Uncharted 4 has the same combat as the original trilogy, it's just executed so much better. Not to mention all the accessibility options that Naughty Dog's modern engine supports.

They can do nothing more than drop the Part II controls into the original, along with their modern engine with all its accessibility options, and it would be better experience without changing the nature or the essence of the game.

One of NG's developers is confirming that the PC version of the Last Of Us Remake is going to launch soon after the PS5's. Which means it's probably out on PC in Q1 2023 at the most, If not sooner.

We have God Of War, Uncharted 4, Uncharted Lost Legacy, Spider-Man Remastered, and Miles Morales all launching this year, which makes a total of 5 games, or 6 if the remake of Last Of Us gets released at the end of the year.

The pace of porting PlayStation games to PC is definitely accelerating, compared to the two years period of 2020 and 2021, which managed only a total of 3 games: Death Stranding, Horizon Zero Dawn and Days Gone.

Last edited:
Not to forget Returnal and GT7 which have been rumored to land aswell. Though there have been these smaller Sony/Playstation games that released simultaniously on pc like Predator.
Forbidden West is a given at this point, so is the next spiderman and god of war.

Not to forget Returnal and GT7 which have been rumored to land aswell. Though there have been these smaller Sony/Playstation games that released simultaniously on pc like Predator.
Forbidden West is a given at this point, so is the next spiderman and god of war.
Need that demon souls and my anger is complete, because I was sold on having to buy a PS5 and a XSX and I was staring a 3080 in the face at retail launch. Lol

In due time :)
I know. lol. I recall when the first image came up saying it was coming to PC. Then they backtracked and said it was some co-op marketing error.

The SSD marketing really messed me up thinking things would be a PITA on PC for a little while.

How bad of shape is Uncharted 4 in that it’s completely fallen off the map?
The official Steam page still says 2022, latest rumors points to October though. I guess it will be out anytime between October and December.

Back