Moore Threads MUSA-architecture and MTT video cards

There aren't yet any Chinese owned fabs with the ability to make chips on 12 nm, however, SMIC is close and they've increased spending on achieving that breakthrough.

And it's still unknown how the situation with China - Taiwan is going to play out. With China's increased sabre rattling after their latest 5 year congress, there's still a possibility that China will attempt a forceful takeover of Taiwan. Of course, if that happens, I fully expect that TSMC has plans to attempt to destroy their fabs in Taiwan in order to deny China access to them.

Regards,
SB
Taiwan is more valuable to China in other ways than just it's semiconductor industry. It enables them to break the first island chain ...

Besides Taiwan knows that their a one trick pony that doesn't offer much else to the world in other strategic industries such as aerospace, defense, biotechnology, or energy to prop up their own value proposition ...

There aren't yet any Chinese owned fabs with the ability to make chips on 12 nm, however, SMIC is close and they've increased spending on achieving that breakthrough.

And it's still unknown how the situation with China - Taiwan is going to play out. With China's increased sabre rattling after their latest 5 year congress, there's still a possibility that China will attempt a forceful takeover of Taiwan. Of course, if that happens, I fully expect that TSMC has plans to attempt to destroy their fabs in Taiwan in order to deny China access to them.

Regards,
SB
Huh? SMIC has already produced "7nm" chips, graded by TechInsights.
According to linked analysis it's in reality mixed bag, where some features sizes are around TSMC 10nm or even slightly larger, yet it has features more advanced than TSMCs 1st gen 7nm or anything Samsung had before 5nm.
It's supposedly heavily based on stolen TSMC IP.

edit: no idea what the die size on that MinerVa chip was, probably not huge, but at least they could produce them at some scale

I doubt modern ASML steppers will run very long without first party maintenance, hell I wouldn't be surprised if newer machines have to be configured through a cloud interface. No need to destroy anything, they'll turn to expensive bricks soon enough.

It's not that bad if they can improve drivers tbh. I'm just sad that, they can have a product on the market this fast, where the innosilicon fantasy one (powervr based) is nowhere to be found a year after announcement.

It looks bad to me game wise considering the specs. By my guestimate even if they would manage to double the performance it would fall clearly behind the cheaper 3060.

Their cadence is very fast though.

Since the end of 2022, the MTT series from the manufacturer Moore Threads has been available gaming graphics cards from Chinese development and production. Most recently, it was said that new drivers had significantly increased their performance. ComputerBase grabbed the top-of-the-range MTT-S80 and the small MTT-S30 and took their measurements.

Back