Monitor question

Dresden

Celebrating Mediocrity
Veteran
Recently, I purchased a new Samsung monitor. The model number is Samsung P2570 and the specs are as follows:

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/...KFV/ZA/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail&tab=spec

My question is how can I hook my Xbox 360 up to it? It says under "connections" it has a DVI-I output. My old monitor connected to the Xbox through an SVGA cable plugged into the DVI output, but I don't see a similar connection on the new monitor. Someone said I have to use an HDMI cable, which the new monitor has an output for, but I'm not sure my 360 has an HDMI connection, it's one of the first lines of 360's.

Any ideas?

Thanks-

Dresden

There are four kinds of connectors (inputs not outputs) on newer monitors:

1. Analog (the v-shape one we mostly associate with VGA)
2. DVI two rows of fine pins with a different part on one side (blade like)
3. HDMI
4. Display port

If you were using an old VGA and your new monitor is only DVI then you need an adapter.

Do you have an X360 with HDMI output? Then you can connect directly to the HDMI input on the Monitor. If you have an older X360 without, then...good luck.

Regards,
SB

There are four kinds of connectors (inputs not outputs) on newer monitors:
A couple monitors here and there (like some of Dell's upper range models) have component input as well... One of these would be ideal for an old 360, which lacks any form of digital outputs as at least in the past, 360s came with a component cable as standard (well, not the model sans HDD unfortunately), while the VGA cable is a relatively expensive peripheral (well whaddya expect, it's micro$oft...)

Back