Monday mornings.

bloodbob

Trollipop
Veteran
The wonders of monday mornings. I come into the sound of the raid failure beeping ( turned out to be the exist degraded one so it didn't really matter ). We had a power outage ( and possible surge ) and the UPS didn't quite last long enough I don't think a single server manage to shut down. The exchange servers registry is toast and of course I can't find a copy of the drivers for the raid controller which actually works with windows 2000 setup. We have atleast desktop that is has had its hard disk corrupted by the even and won't boot.

YAY for me.

Last Monday was bad...... Our backup server's motherboard died and as the components were so old... no chance for replacements. So I spend 3/4 of the day rebuilding the server with new parts (thank god that new parts had been ordered the week before!). But to top things off our internet connetion was down and then very very slow (an ongoing problem for weeks with our ISP) and it was running at 15 KB sec (and loads of customers PC needed patching/windows updates!) Ugh what a bad day.

Today wasn't so bad (just the normal hard work).

My wife is sleeping with my brother, and my dog was run down by a truck last week.

My PS3 however, arrived 3 days early (I wasn't expecting that)...

The wonders of monday mornings. I come into the sound of the raid failure beeping ( turned out to be the exist degraded one so it didn't really matter ). We had a power outage ( and possible surge ) and the UPS didn't quite last long enough I don't think a single server manage to shut down. The exchange servers registry is toast and of course I can't find a copy of the drivers for the raid controller which actually works with windows 2000 setup. We have atleast desktop that is has had its hard disk corrupted by the even and won't boot.

YAY for me.
Sorry to hear, whoever made the UPS choice decision should get the blame for it.

epic

Sorry to hear, whoever made the UPS choice decision should get the blame for it.

epic
I never care who gets the blame, I'll often start by saying it was my fault, if for no other reason that it did went wrong. I only care about being able to fix things ASAP!

I was once made responsible for everything that went wrong, by most of the other IT staff. They were very smug about it, until a manager told them that I was also the guy who fixed about all of the problems.

I can't compete with the wife and the dog however.

My old old motherboard on the computer I had given to my parents/siblings died on sunday. Monday I worked till 11 pm. Tuesday I went out and bought new cpu, mobo,ram ( and a hard disk ) so I could give my parents the old part but I made them buy a new video and then I came home start assembling mine and ripped off the heatsink on the motherboard for the voltage regulators YAY. Wednesday I came home finish assembling my pc and started on theirs to find out that the damn store had given us the wrong video its an AGP ( funnily enough $40 more expensive ). Tonight i'll be working late again getting up everything I didn't manage to do monday night.

Back