Moderation style on Console Talk

mech

Regular
Fine, we'll discuss it here.

If you post another thread like this you will be baned

What's with posts like this? You're the one who simply locked my thread straight away without saying "can you please move this to the site feedback forum" (I even asked where I should be posting my complaints!) Are you saying we're not allowed to question the moderators?

Also, the others made an excellent point about view numbers - why would you go and view a thread in "Site Feedback", which is supposed to be about the main Beyond3D site and not the forum per se, when I want to bring up the moderating of the Console Talk forum? I WANTED you to see it, I wanted you to talk to us about the problem, but you just locked the threads and threatened to ban me. That's poor form IMHO.

You know, it might be nice if people offered to help if they are not happy - instead of just bitching.

We're "bitching" to get a change enacted - I personally believe jvd needs to tone down the level of moderating he's doing. What else can I do, but let you know what I find wrong with the board these days? I can moderate the board myself, but I was hardly going to be so presumptious to suggest you make me a moderator because I dislike the moderating style of those who are already in charge.

why start yet another thread . Did you happen to miss this one http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8216 or this one http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8214

Oh and you didn't even bother to read the first response to the thread that was locked inside the thread. Where when I lock a thread I allways post a reason. Your first thread complaining wasn't locked by me. The second one was and when I noticed that you had 2 threads in which all you did was complain . I told you another one and you'd be baned and I posted it in both threads.

The first thread you linked to was basically emulation discussion.

I thought about putting my comments in the second one, but I decided that I wanted to continue my previous thread. If you'd moved my other thread to here I would have posted in that, but I thought it was look a little odd me quoting you and replying to comments in my previous thread in someone else's. Is that okay by you?

Oh and you didn't even bother to read the first response to the thread that was locked inside the thread.

I don't understand what you mean here.

Where when I lock a thread I allways post a reason. Your first thread complaining wasn't locked by me. The second one was and when I noticed that you had 2 threads in which all you did was complain . I told you another one and you'd be baned and I posted it in both threads.

Well my first thread was locked without a reason, the second one was locked but it should have been moved if you disagreed with it being in the Console forum. And I already told you why I put it there in the first place, and it was for valid reasons IMHO.

As for complaining - yes, I do have a complaint with the way you've been moderating lately. Are you saying we're not allowed to complain? Is it against the forum rules to voice our opinion about the state of the board?

How would you prefer me to raise my concerns?

Your first thread was locked by another mod. I thought your first thread was the emulation thread. But your first thread is you just complaining about the emulation thread being locked. Please tell me what this has to do with consoles ?

As for complaining about how I moderate ? I delete posts that attack other users. I deleted 10 of them from the proactive comments from id about ps2 and gamecube doom 3 ports. I locked a post about emulation that i was not sure was illegal. Would you have not done the same thing ? Or would you have left it open where the site owners might have gotten in trouble ? Then I locked a thread which was 90% pictures of scantily clad women from tgs . I named why I locked it. Complain for vaild reasons. Whats funny is the person who posted the emulation thread seems to understand why I locked it untill i was sure it was legal to talk about it . As he has not complained once. Yet you who has nothing to do with the thread complained. Not in just one thread which another mod felt fit to lock. But in 3 threads.

That is all I have to say on this subject.

Back