Moderation actions suggested

Wesker

Regular
Just to add to this thread, PSman1700 has just made some ludicrous accusations about Anandtech in the "Apple is an existential threat" thread:

https://forum.beyond3d.com/posts/2242445/

There is no point in reasoning with a user like this. He/she is consistently inputting nothing but noise, lowering the quality of whatever conversation or discussion they're involved in.

It is generally known that Anandtech is leaning towards Apple products, it is no secret of any sort either. There are videos provided where the Iphone performs worse than a Samsung mobile device, real world performance.
In the same vein that dave2d is leaning towards non-apple products, that is what i am pointing out as posted in the topic you link to. We all can find our favourite reviewers, which have their own biases/leaning towards the products we like the most.

Delusional.
:rolleyes:
What an embarrassing and shameful post.

And then resorting to the FSR thread which has nothing to do with Apple vs android at all.
Your not being too nice either, or?

Seems that you are too much invested into the whole Apple discussion thing, if you cant discuss, walk away. Before complaining about someone else, look at your own behaviour too.

So, how about this kind of stuff? Same topic as discussed here. (apple is a threat)

LTT review was the perfect example of a useless partisan review. It was the very first time I watched an LTT review and I'm not sure I'll waste my time again with them.

https://forum.beyond3d.com/posts/2234205/

And this one by Wesker:

A good summary of my problem with LTT’s “review”.

https://forum.beyond3d.com/posts/2234048/

Here is one interesting by LTT (did I say I would never watch them again? :D)

https://forum.beyond3d.com/posts/2234249/

Seems you guys arent too nice towards reviewers that aint fitting your profile.

I cant call out Anandtech, but you can Linus Tech Tips, dave2d etc right? Just the search results on your name and its always you (and some others) being very aggressive towards anything thats not favouring Apple in analysis and benchmarks. What about that? You create this 'moderation needed' topic, but your calling other reviewers and benchmarkers out yourself, quite recently aswell, in the save topic you are making a complaint about.

Maybe LTT is leaning or biased towards non-apple devices, same for dave2d and others. That is your opinion. My opinion is that Anandtech is leaning towards Apple products.

Last edited:
I'm not going to engage with your garbage anymore. You're the one with a history of shitposting, not me.

You claimed that Anandtech is pro-Apple simply because Anand Lal Shimpi now works for Apple. He sold the website over a decade ago before leaving for Apple. Your accusations are false, and unless you have some hard evidence of Apple tampering with Anandtech's reviews, no one should take you or your claims seriously.

Don't even try and compare my or Larent06's criticism with LTT or Dave2D's reviews with your own conspiracy theories. We never insinuated that LTT or Dave2D are fundamentally biased or corrupt against Apple. Our issues were with benchmark methodologies and opinionated scripts contained in the reviews themselves: it's a fact that you lose performance when executing ARM code through Rosetta 2 and OpenGL, and the reviews failed to account for that. LTT and Dave2D otherwise do a very good job, and I have cited their reviews for all types of devices. You, on the other hand, claim something far more sinister with Anandtech -- a bedrock institution of tech journalism and credibility.

Evidently, I'm not the only user on this forum who has an issue with your behaviour. I hope the moderators put you on notice, or you learn to clean up your act.

I'm not going to engage with your garbage anymore.

Same here.

You're the one with a history of shitposting, not me.

I just posted some examples where you gladly call out reviewers. Theres much and much more from you, racked up some posts above. Your tone is often aggressive, abit un-needed right?

You claimed that Anandtech is pro-Apple simply because Anand Lal Shimpi now works for Apple. He sold the website over a decade ago before leaving for Apple. Your accusations are false, and unless you have some hard evidence of Apple tampering with Anandtech's reviews, no one should take you or your claims seriously.

Don't even try and compare my or Larent06's criticism with LTT or Dave2D's reviews with your own conspiracy theories. We never insinuated that LTT or Dave2D are fundamentally biased or corrupt against Apple. Our issues were with benchmark methodologies and opinionated scripts contained in the reviews themselves: it's a fact that you lose performance when executing ARM code through Rosetta 2 and OpenGL, and the reviews failed to account for that. LTT and Dave2D otherwise do a very good job, and I have cited their reviews for all types of devices.

Calling for pro-android (or apple) or calling reviews garabage, useless, and 'they run benchmarks that dont paint any real picture', that could be called 'conspiracy theory' too.I think LTT shows real world useage analysis, its diverse. If software isnt optimized yet, then thats something to be considered too?

As i have said before, bias might be the wrong wording. As others in other places have mentioned, influence could be better wording.
Theres nothing wrong with that (favouring Apple or other companies).

Anand could have run different tests and benchmarks aswell. Its also, as others in the discussed topic have posted, valid to test things that dont run so well on ARM/apple products. You cant just test only the things that run well? And thats what im seeing personally on Anand, in favour of the iphone.

I can atleast admit that Apple sillicon is great, very good performance (mostly better then competitors). But Android SoCs are good aswell, they arent that bad really. Things arent just one-sided, its not just Apple>better then anyone else.
Guess that you cant have it all, both have their advantages and disadvantages. Hence thats why both exist. I have both Apple and non-apple (windows, android etc) devices, neither is better then the other, they have different markets and use cases.

Not much different either to the general view that NXG leans towards PS, John playstation, Alex pc etc etc. Not everything is conspiracy theories.

You have had a very bold, harsh and aggressive attitude to those who have anything to say about Apple that your ears/eyes dont want to hear and see. Anandtech is cleary, very clearly Apple biased, just like NXG is towards the PS5. There is nothing wrong with bias, everyone has their favourite platforms. Anand pretty much tests where apple sillicon shines the most. There are plenty other reviewers who found the reverse to be true. Sharing such videos and reviews would mean a violent backlash from the very few apple fans in here. The prior issues where with playstation users, which for me has settled for the most. Apple users are a complete different beast altogether. Im not even into that kind of tech (mobile and apple), i like gaming, thats why im on this forum on pc and console like most. The minority thats hard-apple fans are a very, very slight issue. if you believe that Apple>everything else, thats fine by me.

Last edited:
You have had a very bold, harsh and aggressive attitude to those who have anything to say about Apple that your ears/eyes dont want to hear and see.

I have no patience for fanboys of any kind, or people who effectively do the work of company PR teams but on a voluntary basis.

Whether it was Nvidia and ATI fanboys back in the DX9 and DX10 days, Intel fanboys during NetBurst, AMD fans during the Bulldozer era, or Nvidia and AMD fans after Hawaii; I make no apologies for being harsh toward people who try to obfuscate facts and poo-poo genuinely impressive technological breakthroughs in the industry.

I grew bored of the lack of innovation and decline of Moore's law in the traditional PC CPU and GPU space, and so I have since turned my attention toward mobile SoCs, ARM, and RISC-V. I also have former colleagues and personal friends working in some of these companies, and hence why I pay more attention to these areas nowadays.

The accusation that I only praise Apple is hilarious. The so called "Apple fanboys" on this forum have often criticised Apple's 3D graphics strategies (since we're on *Beyond 3D*), cumbersome anti-repair strategies, its over reliance on geopolitically unstable supply chains, and increasingly complex product offerings. But you don't notice any of that. All you do is trash and troll every thread that dares mention Apple or Apple Silicon; using conspiracy theories and making completely unfounded claims about places such as Anandtech and HUB. You're a smear artist, and you've done similar things in the past toward anything AMD related, hence why there is a growing list of users on this forum tired of your rhetoric.

I'm not even talking about bias or anything. They used to have amazing benchmark reviews for graphics cards and hardware and now its just all gone.
Understaffed I think.

Ryan Smith is only one veteran editor left.

Ian and Andrei F did amazing reviews, but they have both moved on.

I have no patience for fanboys of any kind, or people who effectively do the work of company PR teams but on a voluntary basis.

Really mature of you to accuse people of shilling, right in the territory of conspiracy theories and all. Its like if someone would accuse you of being an Apple employee or have/had connections to the company. Not all that nice would it? You could just be a fan of the hardware/software, just like i am.

Whether it was Nvidia and ATI fanboys back in the DX9 and DX10 days, Intel fanboys during NetBurst, AMD fans during the Bulldozer era, or Nvidia and AMD fans after Hawaii; I make no apologies for being harsh toward people who try to obfuscate facts and poo-poo genuinely impressive technological breakthroughs in the industry.

Apple is making impressive breakthroughs, but so are Nvidia, AMD, Sony, MS, and even evil Intel.

I grew bored of the lack of innovation and decline of Moore's law in the traditional PC CPU and GPU space, and so I have since turned my attention toward mobile SoCs, ARM, and RISC-V.

Well, thats fine with me and probably everyone else. it doesnt mean Apple>everything else though. Apple Sillicon is very impressive per watt, total performance? Nah, their not there, in special not in the GPU space. In special when taking price into consideration.

The accusation that I only praise Apple is hilarious. The so called "Apple fanboys" on this forum have often criticised Apple's 3D graphics strategies (since we're on *Beyond 3D*), cumbersome anti-repair strategies, its over reliance on geopolitically unstable supply chains, and increasingly complex product offerings. But you don't notice any of that. All you do is trash and troll every thread that dares mention Apple or Apple Silicon; using conspiracy theories and making completely unfounded claims about places such as Anandtech and HUB. You're a smear artist, and you've done similar things in the past toward anything AMD related, hence why there is a growing list of users on this forum tired of your rhetoric.

What we have done in the past? Why always take up the past? What have you guys done to dave2d, linus tech tips and others that didnt fit your personal views on Apple? Again its good theres only a few of you. Your stance is very aggressive, a general trend seen by Apple fans.
If you can call for shilling, i sure can call Anand for being biased towards Apple, which is very much the case, as that idea is shared across many forums. The whole of Anandtech just isnt so intresting anymore since their focus has shifted alot. And thats fine for Apple users and fans, not so much for pc GPU's, cpus and consoles anymore.

Really mature of you to accuse people of shilling, right in the territory of conspiracy theories and all. Its like if someone would accuse you of being an Apple employee or have/had connections to the company. Not all that nice would it? You could just be a fan of the hardware/software, just like i am.

Shilling requires a monetary transaction.

Fanboys do the same work but for free.

Apple is making impressive breakthroughs, but so are Nvidia, AMD, Sony, MS, and even evil Intel.

When has anyone said that they don't?

Well, thats fine with me and probably everyone else. it doesnt mean Apple>everything else though. Apple Sillicon is very impressive per watt, total performance? Nah, their not there, in special not in the GPU space. In special when taking price into consideration.

No one is claiming Apple > everything else. That's a narrative inside your head, and I suggest you fix that.

Furthermore, when has anyone said that Apple has a lead in absolute performance? You (or someone you agreed with) were the only one in the M1/M2 thread making comparisons between a SFF SoC and AMD's ThreadRipper 3990X with a TDP of 280w. Then someone had the gaul to imply that if the 3990X was ported to N5 it could cut its TDP down to 150w, and you concurred their folly. :LOL:

These are the types of baseless -- and, frankly, asinine -- comparisons which grind the gears of the more technically inclined users on this forum.

What we have done in the past? Why always take up the past? What have you guys done to dave2d, linus tech tips and others that didnt fit your personal views on Apple? Again its good theres only a few of you. Your stance is very aggressive, a general trend seen by Apple fans.
If you can call for shilling, i sure can call Anand for being biased towards Apple, which is very much the case, as that idea is shared across many forums. The whole of Anandtech just isnt so intresting anymore since their focus has shifted alot. And thats fine for Apple users and fans, not so much for pc GPU's, cpus and consoles anymore.

Absolute boloney.
No one had issues with the results of Dave2D and LTT. People were critical of the choice of benchmarks which are known to be poorly optimised/not optimised at all for Apple Silicon -- heck, a lot of those benchmarks would run poorly on x86 iterations of macOS. Some examples were running Blender on the M1 Pro's CPUs but then benchmarking against a Blender run on CUDA on a 3070/3080, and there was the complete lack of Final Cut Pro X benchmarks.

Yet, with the Steam Deck, reviews were very accommodating to its software compatibility limitations, stating that the device had huge potential as more and more developers port their games and as Steam addresses Proton compatibility. But what about M1 Pro/Max? Nope, it's GPUs suck because there's no apps out there to properly feed the execution units.

As for your points about Anandtech: maybe you need to put on a tin foil hat and join MLID or Twitter.

Last edited:
Furthermore, when has anyone said that Apple has a lead in absolute performance? You (or someone you agreed with) were the only one in the M1/M2 thread making comparisons between a SFF SoC and AMD's ThreadRipper 3990X with a TDP of 280w. Then someone had the gaul to imply that if the 3990X was ported to N5 it could cut its TDP down to 150w, and you concurred their folly. :LOL:

You could look at the price tags of either systems aswell, one draws more from the wall the other costs more to get. It would also be more intresting to see what newer CPU's bring to the table, the 3990x is quite old by now.

People were critical of the choice of benchmarks which are known to be poorly optimised/not optimised at all for Apple Silicon -- heck, a lot of those benchmarks would run poorly on x86 iterations of macOS. Some examples were running Blender on the M1 Pro's CPUs but then benchmarking against a Blender run on CUDA on a 3070/3080, and there was the complete lack of Final Cut Pro X benchmarks.

I think the issue is Apple claiming their chip to match or even exceed a 3090/12900k system (when the cpu is limited to 60watts), and some just running with that. I still say that they are simply not comparable, they do different things. That 3090/12900 combo is going to be much faster at tasks that fit the architecture, and vice versa the m1 ultra is going to be faster when somethings taking advantage of that architecture.
In select benchmarks, the m1 was faster..... I guess you wont like the comment section over at wccftech:

https://wccftech.com/apple-unveils-...k-gpu-on-par-with-nvidia-rtx-3090-less-power/

Theres hundreds of comments and i see basically not one of them really running with the claims Apple made, on the contrary, and referring to M1 Max performance that never delivered what was originally claimed. Yes software might not be optimized yet, first 1) you dont buy something with the promise it will be 'optimized in the future' and 2) these are different architectures, they are both fast at different things. But some of you are having the idea these new chips make all others obsolete which isnt the case.
And again, Apple Sillicon is very impressive, fast and efficient, for its intended use cases and users.

Also what i want to say, keep your head cool man. Im certainly not attacking users, my posts can be having bias for sure, like everyone else has somewhere, but im not attacking users. Discuss the hardware/software7companies, not the users.

You could look at the price tags of either systems aswell, one draws more from the wall the other costs more to get. It would also be more intresting to see what newer CPU's bring to the table, the 3990x is quite old by now.

Jesus, dude...

Have you actually tried building and running a system with a 3990X? Please tell me you're actually not serious in comparing the Mac Studio to a server grade CPU.

I think the issue is Apple claiming their chip to match or even exceed a 3090/12900k system (when the cpu is limited to 60watts), and some just running with that.

Breaking news: Tech company makes select comparisons to show off their products in the best possible light!

Tell me: Did you also protest Intel's absolute non-sense claims after the launches of AMD's Zen 2 and Zen 3 mobile CPUs and Apple's M1?

I guess you wont like the comment section over at wccftech:

Yes, I don't trust the unrepresentative swill of internet forums. I use reviews and benchmarks.

Yes software might not be optimized yet, first 1) you dont buy something with the promise it will be 'optimized in the future' and 2) these are different architectures, they are both fast at different things.

Perfectly fine. So long as people apply that same principle to other products such as the Steam Deck.

Also, intentionally not running benchmarks on software that does support the hardware (e.g. FCPX) isn't great either.

But some of you are having the idea these new chips make all others obsolete which isnt the case.

Depends on the use-case.

No one thinks that an M1 is here to replace Xeon and EPYC, or to replace the CPU/GPU in every gaming PC.

Have you actually tried building and running a system with a 3990X? Please tell me you're actually not serious in comparing the Mac Studio to a server grade CPU.

Not a 3990x no. I do have a 3950x personally though. It has served me well for soon 3 years and still does today. The 3990x is indeed close to what i'd call a server-grade cpu, but price-wise thats where you are with a maxed M1 Ultra system. The latter has a much lower power draw but the former delivers higher, in special GPU performance.

Breaking news: Tech company makes select comparisons to show off their products in the best possible light!

its not that. Its that some run with it and say this M1 Ultra is faster than a 3090/12900k which isnt true, aside from select benchmarks, but that goes both ways.
The NV A100 is much more power efficient and faster than the 3090, its aimed at the same market the M1 Ultra is, and priced there-after aswell. Intel also has CPU's aimed at that market.

Yes, I don't trust the unrepresentative swill of internet forums.

Guessed you wouldnt like that section/site. Just that im not liking certain review sites/forum.

Depends on the use-case.

No one thinks that an M1 is here to replace Xeon and EPYC, or to replace the CPU/GPU in every gaming PC.

Apple's new sillicon is replacing Apple's old sillicon, for the most. And for that its a very good leap. Intel, NV, AMD, consoles, Apple, they all have co-existed for ages and they probably will for a long time to come.

Oh and, i have noticed that some think id never buy anything Apple, which is false. I have a 12 pro max, before that a 6s. I also have a range of Ipads, all from the first air to the pro 2020. I also have android phones, but the 12 pro max is my daily driver for now. Both mobile platforms have their ad-disadvantages, performance isnt an issue on either, for the most.

Understaffed I think.

Ryan Smith is only one veteran editor left.

Ian and Andrei F did amazing reviews, but they have both moved on.

I remember when they did an article about moving on from benchmarks and things like that because there wasn't interest in written reviews like that. Since that time the site went down hill.

I remember when they did an article about moving on from benchmarks and things like that because there wasn't interest in written reviews like that. Since that time the site went down hill.
Not sure what you are talking about here. As I mentionned in another thread, I’m doing CPU benchmarking as part of my day job in CPU design so I take this very (too much?) seriously, and certainly Andrei, and Ian to some extent, were doing a very good job as far as unbiased cross-ISA CPU benchmarking goes. Now, I am unsure where the site is heading.

Just to add to this thread, PSman1700 has just made some ludicrous accusations about Anandtech in the "Apple is an existential threat" thread:
Ignore him. I’ve tried to show him hard data many times. But he always gets back to his bias, he just hates Apple. I consider this as partly a failure on my side, but at some point I decided it was not worth the effort I was doing, so be it.

Back