Moderation actions suggested

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the longest time, this particular user has been near constantly trolling in the console section. Silent when it comes to XBox, but noisily flaming and trolling when it comes to almost anything PlayStation.

Occasional posts of his have been deleted, but he never seems to face any kind of reprimand, given that he carries on posting and trolling. Other forum users, myself included, have attempted to talk him into being reasonable, yet it never sticks.

Every topic involving PlayStation is immediately rained on by him. I left the forum because I was bored of having to report his posts in order to try and prevent threads being constantly derailed by him. I popped my head back in to see whether there were any worthwhile updates. Sure enough, PSMan1700 and Brit were in the PlayStation threads, trolling and being a wet blanket, respectively.

Maybe this forum's just done. There doesn't seem to be any worthwhile tech discussion taking place anymore. There certainly isn't any discussion around games and gameplay. It's just autistic man-children screaming about their toys.

But if there's any intention of the console section being anything more than a wasteland with a multitude of empty threads made by Brit, the troll that is PSMan1700 needs to be given the boot.

The forum has always been full of opinionated posts from a multitude of users expressing their viewpoints, and it is highly unlikely to expect any type of confluence based on personal opinions. Anyone still having issues with such posts this late in the game might be better off elsewhere if forum tools are inadequate.

I don't know what is the best course of action, and while it feels a little mean to dogpile on a user like this, I have to agree he is one of the eassiest members I can point to as responsable for threads derailing into dozens of pages of cyclical reinterations of the same tired points and recursive goal-post moving that ultimately drowns any interesing discussion and drives quality posters away from the forum. His cognitive-dissonance is so strong, I sometimes wonder if he does it on purpose for shits and gigs.

But if there's any intention of the console section being anything more than a wasteland with a multitude of empty threads made by Brit,

@Tkumpathenurpahl I would like clarification on the following, as going over the threads in the console section there's rarely any recent ones created by myself. So I'd like to know what your perception of the problem is. The vast majority of threads are created by others in the community. What do you want done? Should I be creating even less threads?

In the last 125 threads by activity date in the different sections, I created 33 (5+11+17) out of 375. that's under 9% of the threads.

These are the threads created by section.
Console Technology
1. Sticky: System Reservations on PS4, 4Pro, XBox One, One S, One X, and Xbox Series X|S [2019-12, 2020-03]
2. Digital Foundry Article Technical Discussion [2021]
3. Xbox Series S [XBSS] [Release November 10 2020]
4. Digital Foundry Article Technical Discussion [2020]
5. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 [Console and PC]

Console Gaming
1. Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition [PS4, XO, XBSX|S, PC, NX]
2. The Gunk [XO, XBSX|S, PC]
3. Microsoft Flight Simulator (MS FS 2020) [XBSX|S]
4. Crysis Trilogy Remastered [2021]
5. Resident Evil Village (Capcom) [PS5, XBSX|S, PC]
6. New World by Amazon Games delayed until Spring 2021, make that Fall 2021.
7. Tunic [XO, PC]
8. Watch Dogs: Legion [PS4, PS5, XO, XBSX|S, PC]
9. Hogwarts Legacy [PS4, 4PRO, Ps5, XO, XOX, XBSX|S, PC]
10. The Falconeer [XBSX|S, XO, PC, XGP]
11. Hitman 3: Death Awaits (IO Interactive) [PS4, PS5, XO, XBSX|S, PC]

Console Industry
1. Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]
2. All purpose Sales and Sales Rumours and Anecdotes [2021 Edition]
3. Microsoft Game Stack Live [2021-04-20 and 21]
4. Best HDMI 2.1 4K+ HDR AVR (Audio Video Receivers) for Consoles [2020]
5. ID@Xbox and Twitch present Indie Showcase [2021-03-26]
6. EA acquires Glu Mobile Inc for 2.1 Billion [2021-02]
7. Nintendo acquires Next Level Games [2021-01]
8. Tencent acquires Leyou Technologies [Digital Extremes, Splash Damage + More] [2020-12]
9. Microsoft Xbox Series X|S Storage Cards
10. Nexon to fully acquire Embark Studios [2020-11]
11. Record UK Broadband Data Usage [2020-11]
12. General Next Generation Rumors and Discussions [Post GDC 2020]
13. Activision closes some Blizzard offices [2020-10-08]
14. NextGen Games new $70 price point and paid upgrades? [2020-07]
15. Ubisoft Forward, Digital Event [2020-07-12, 2020-09-10]
16. Gamescom 2020 Hype Thread [2020-08-27 - 2020-08-30]
17. Tokyo Games Show [2020-09-24]

Thanks @BRiT - and while it may bear no importance to you or anyone, I have had to take extended breaks from the forum (the latest of which just this summer) mostly because of this one user , so I feel like it's a case of either giving him 'breaks', or expecting us reasonable users to visit and post much less, because of the irritation this one user provides. Very frustrating. Ignoring him doesn't really work too well because people will still reply to him, so we see those replies,his quotes and the ensuing arguments anyway.

@Tkumpathenurpahl I would like clarification on the following, as going over the threads in the console section there's rarely any recent ones created by myself. So I'd like to know what your perception of the problem is. The vast majority of threads are created by others in the community. What do you want done? Should I be creating even less threads?

In the last 125 threads by activity date in the different sections, I created 33 (5+11+17) out of 375. that's under 9% of the threads.

These are the threads created by section.
Console Technology
1. Sticky: System Reservations on PS4, 4Pro, XBox One, One S, One X, and Xbox Series X|S [2019-12, 2020-03]
2. Digital Foundry Article Technical Discussion [2021]
3. Xbox Series S [XBSS] [Release November 10 2020]
4. Digital Foundry Article Technical Discussion [2020]
5. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 [Console and PC]

Console Gaming
1. Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition [PS4, XO, XBSX|S, PC, NX]
2. The Gunk [XO, XBSX|S, PC]
3. Microsoft Flight Simulator (MS FS 2020) [XBSX|S]
4. Crysis Trilogy Remastered [2021]
5. Resident Evil Village (Capcom) [PS5, XBSX|S, PC]
6. New World by Amazon Games delayed until Spring 2021, make that Fall 2021.
7. Tunic [XO, PC]
8. Watch Dogs: Legion [PS4, PS5, XO, XBSX|S, PC]
9. Hogwarts Legacy [PS4, 4PRO, Ps5, XO, XOX, XBSX|S, PC]
10. The Falconeer [XBSX|S, XO, PC, XGP]
11. Hitman 3: Death Awaits (IO Interactive) [PS4, PS5, XO, XBSX|S, PC]

Console Industry
1. Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]
2. All purpose Sales and Sales Rumours and Anecdotes [2021 Edition]
3. Microsoft Game Stack Live [2021-04-20 and 21]
4. Best HDMI 2.1 4K+ HDR AVR (Audio Video Receivers) for Consoles [2020]
5. ID@Xbox and Twitch present Indie Showcase [2021-03-26]
6. EA acquires Glu Mobile Inc for 2.1 Billion [2021-02]
7. Nintendo acquires Next Level Games [2021-01]
8. Tencent acquires Leyou Technologies [Digital Extremes, Splash Damage + More] [2020-12]
9. Microsoft Xbox Series X|S Storage Cards
10. Nexon to fully acquire Embark Studios [2020-11]
11. Record UK Broadband Data Usage [2020-11]
12. General Next Generation Rumors and Discussions [Post GDC 2020]
13. Activision closes some Blizzard offices [2020-10-08]
14. NextGen Games new $70 price point and paid upgrades? [2020-07]
15. Ubisoft Forward, Digital Event [2020-07-12, 2020-09-10]
16. Gamescom 2020 Hype Thread [2020-08-27 - 2020-08-30]
17. Tokyo Games Show [2020-09-24]

Maybe he means threat instead of thread, as in warnings to the user without a ban?

Ignoring him doesn't really work too well because people will still reply to him, so we see those replies,his quotes and the ensuing arguments anyway.
You see other user's replies to him but you don't see his quotes. It does create a weird discussion flow as you know there's a back and forth argument.

You see other user's replies to him but you don't see his quotes. It does create a weird discussion flow as you know there's a back and forth argument.
On Tapatalk it works differently - I literally deleted Tapatalk from my phone because of this, and because of You-Know-Who. Very annoying.

Let this be an oportunity to remind ourselves of the virtues of self-moderation.
If you see silly, repetitive, cyclical arguments, don't engage in them. Let them die swiftly. Don't feed the troll.

Maybe this forum's just done. There doesn't seem to be any worthwhile tech discussion taking place anymore. There certainly isn't any discussion around games and gameplay. It's just autistic man-children screaming about their toys.

B3D has never really been about gameplay aside from a few comments here and there. It’s always been primarily about tech and hardware.

I was recently wondering to myself where do people go to actually talk about gameplay. Neogaf, Resetera, Reddit? Steam forum :D

I'm late to this thread but I'm glad it exists.

The only other thing I can say is that I tried really hard to use tapatalk because it keeps getting recommended for posting through mobile but my experience is always so bad that I keep going back to chrome.

If you see silly, repetitive, cyclical arguments, don't engage in them. Let them die swiftly. Don't feed the troll.
All this plus report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back