Mobile phones (Sony T610...)

London Geezer

Legend
Supporter
I'm getting this new phone today, and i was wondering if anyone here has it and wants to share thoughts on how good/bad it is.

TRANSLATED: tell me how wonderful it is because i already paid for it and i need to feel good about spending my hard earned money on luxury items.... :LOL:

It looks amazing, apparently it's very good to, like, use... :D

anyone? oh and don't give me links to review sites and stuff, i want real opinions... ;)

sorry i dont own the phone. And i know you dont want a link to some site. but here are actual user views/experience with the phone. It might be helpful:
http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/user_reviews.php?id=274
here is some of what people have said about it:
I give this phone a rating of 4 for design and features, and a zero for usability. When a phone's reception is so weak that it doesn't pick up a signal in some areas of downtown DC, it has a problem. Much to my dismay, I had to return it after only 48 hours, as it became evident that I wouldn't be able to talk from many of the places I frequent, so I replaced it with the much-less-sexy Nokia 6610, which will tide me over until my dream phone comes along.

I LOVED the display, the joystick action, the keypad back-lighting, and the nice, solid feel of the phone. The size and shape were exactly what I was looking for: something no larger than a compact powder case. The display, although sometimes hard to see in the sunlight, was most attractive. The camera resolution isn't as good as on my old Sprint Sanyo 5300, but it does the basic job. I loved the picture ID on incoming text messages as well as phone calls.

PROS:
- Overall design and construction: metal case, nice, solid feel
- Features such as Picture Message ID, voice dialing, phone directory options.
- Built-in camera makes it a fun accessory as well as a portable communications tool.
- Beautiful MMS and SMS interface

CONS:
- EXTREMELY POOR reception.
- EXTREMELY POOR reception (oh, sorry, I repeat myself)
- Proprietary headset plug. When will manufacturers learn to equip all their handsets with mini jacks, which are far less fragile and a lot easier to replace?
- Poor visibility in bright sunlight.

If this phone had an antenna as good as my Nokia 6610, it would be indeed the PERFECT phone.

I've got it and it does its job. :D

Photo-quality is crappy, but it's good enough for occasional snapshots. Java and SMS-speed is rather slow, but other than that it's all good...

Long battery life, huge display, bluetooth games, tiny.

epicstruggle said:
I give this phone a rating of 4 for design and features, and a zero for usability. When a phone's reception is so weak that it doesn't pick up a signal in some areas of downtown DC, it has a problem. Much to my dismay, I had to return it after only 48 hours, as it became evident that I wouldn't be able to talk from many of the places I frequent, so I replaced it with the much-less-sexy Nokia 6610, which will tide me over until my dream phone comes along.

Either the reception problems were solved in a later revision or this guy did something wrong. I've recently got this phone and love it. Besides its size, build quality, battery life, good display etc. it has great reception, even better than my old Siemens ME45.

what did i say?!?!!!!

tell me how wonderful it is because i already paid for it and i need to feel good about spending my hard earned money on luxury items....

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

thanks [maven], thats what i wanted to hear :LOL:

picture quality is a non-issue, i mean if i want good pix i can buy a real digi cam...

and yeah it's tiny, i got the impression from commercials and stuff that it would be much bigger than it actually is...

I no diggity the open face. I carry my cell in my pocket, so I need a clamshell. (Or i'll end up with scratched display)

Back