Minecraft to be released on consoles.

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Cyan, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

To be honest, this game never appealed to me, although it certainly aroused my curiosity because of it's success. I thought it was just about building things in a gigantic map, and that was it.

I watched a couple of Youtube videos, one of them featuring a guy who explained how he built that world and how it worked and I liked it.

But the actual turning point was watching this video the other day. where they recreated Super Mario Land for the mythical Gameboy, pixel by pixel, :shock: and using millions of blocks.

It's so freaking obvious I will never build anything like this, because I know myself, but I fancy creating some less complex levels and stuff.

2. kagemaru

Veteran

This is a bit old isn't it. IIRC this was revealed at MS' E3 conference. It was supposed to be released this year for the 360 and the PS3 next year, but I have a feeling those plans have changed and both versions will be getting the game next year.

3. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

I never paid much attention, actually. If only I remember something about having Kinect support and all, but at first I wasn't that interested in yet another game who seeemed to be time consuming.

But it's great news. Perhaps the Kinect controls will be kinda messed. The appeal of Minecraft is also very PC-centric, with its mods and so on. Also Minecraft is to me just one of those games which might feel better for the mouse and keyboard.

I am withholding my judgment til i see it in action.

4. Silent_Buddha

Legend

5. Nesh

Nesh Double Agent
    Legend

Is that also interactive/playable or just Super Mario animated with blogs?

6. Zaphod

Zaphod Remember
    Veteran

The latter. It's stop motion animation. Build one frame, take screenshot, rinse and repeat until done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkkIuwwb5lw

7. Silent_Buddha

Legend

I think it usually takes them an average of 5 weeks to create one of their stop motion minecraft videos.

Regards,
    SB