Microsoft should use the Windows 365 offline launch to pivot their hardware model

MfA

Legend
Windows 365 offline is shaping up to be what Windows should have been 10 years ago, but in my opinion still dragged down by the hardware/update model.

This would be the perfect time for Microsoft to pivot to Chromebook type hardware platforms with very high quality QA. Using a new laptop for Windows 365 offline should involve nothing more than logging in on your account. No access to drivers and updates, nothing to stand in the way of syncing, this needs to be their idiot proof OS.

People have so much backlash against microsoft accounts but they happily make them for their andriod phone or apple phone.

I think it will be a tough sell. Look at the backlash to having to have TPM on windows 11 and peoples insistence on needing to run 10+ year old pcs with the newest windows.

I think they need to just make a windows lite. create a windows that only runs 64bit code , drops all legacy stuff and make windows has slim as possible. That would be the best way forward I think.

Back