Microsoft infringing on Eolas patents?

I've always wanted to make a software patent on the determination of the majority will of a plurality of individuals via the aggregation of the individual preferences that compose said plurality using an electronic means. Then I'll demand that an injunction be put against the American people to prevent them from voting, given that vote tallying is often done by machine/computer. Hopefully, Diebold won't beat me to it. LOL! :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
DudeMiester said:
I've always wanted to make a software patent on the determination of the majority will of a plurality of individuals via the aggregation of the individual preferences that compose said plurality using an electronic means. Then I'll demand that an injunction be put against the American people to prevent them from voting, given that vote tallying is often done by machine/computer. Hopefully, Diebold won't beat me to it. LOL! :LOL:
Haha :)

I'd love to see somebody put up the money to put forward such an obviously frivolous lawsuit sometime, just to get it out there that something needs to be done about patent law.

Chalnoth said:
Haha :)

I'd love to see somebody put up the money to put forward such an obviously frivolous lawsuit sometime, just to get it out there that something needs to be done about patent law.
Really? And here I was wondering if most of those lawsuits aren't already like that in the US, because if they don't, they cannot get it to stick in court if there is a real infrigement...

;)

Well, sure, that's the whole point: most patent law suits are, in my opinion, completely frivolous, and pretty much only used as a dirty business tactic to bury competitors. This is why it'd be great to do something totally off-the-wall like the above to get peoples' attention that there is this problem.

Back