Microsoft going high schools to preach about XBOX 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

draconian

Newcomer
I saw this at ps3forums.com.

http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=45705

I'm a Junior in Highschool and today some cool bigwig tester from Microsoft came to give a presentation on the world's newest technology (mostly Microsoft products).

Anyway, he began talking about videogames. He showed us the trialers for Halo 3 and Halo Wars to introduce his presentation. He told us that he ofcourse has a 360 and that he also camped out 6 hours for a Wii (Wii60 obviously). Then he asked who was going to get a PS3 and my hand went up along with a few other kids (not many since so much negative talk is swirling around the school about it). He told all of us to save our money for something better. He said it has way too many bugs and that every system overheats if you play it for over 3 hours. But here's the best part....he said it wasn't backwards compatible at all and that the 360 is, so we should get that instead. He literally told everyone in the autitorium to not get a PS3.

Long story short, the whole school saw his presentation and now everyone is definetly not getting PS3. There's even more negativity about it than before. I still know which console I'm getting (even though I already have a 360), but if anyone even utters the word "PS3" around here all you hear are negative misinformed statements. I got tired of telling everybody the facts so I'll just wait it out until people realize they're wrong...

It's not a huge deal, but I thought it was an interesting story. It's funny how people believe everything they hear on the news and what a Microsoft tester says about the PS3. I know things will get more positive about it. The PS2 launch went the same way. People are bad mouthing the PS3 and then playing the demo of Motorstorm at Best Buy and saying it's amazing. This is weird.

This is the generation that microsoft will hit big time and I think they'll generates sales of 50+ million(as will the ps3 and maybe the wii). But after reading the above, you can either think that microsoft is silly for wasting school time & resources evangelizing a video game system or brilliant for selectively targeting their audience.

Anyways, this next year will be interesting....

I am totally against using schools for adverdising a product

edit: Just read the thing too. Even worse for using kids to spread misinformation like that. Pathetic.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw this at ps3forums.com.

http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=45705

This is the generation that microsoft will hit big time and I think they'll generates sales of 50+ million(as will the ps3 and maybe the wii). But after reading the above, you can either think that microsoft is silly for wasting school time & resources evangelizing a video game system or brilliant for selectively targeting their audience.

Anyways, this next year will be interesting....
Do we at least get a name for this "bigwig tester" from Microsoft? The name of the high school? Any details at all?

I'm with you Sis. A highschool wouldn't even be worth MS's time for something like this.

Why was the tester there in the first place I wonder?

Then they tell you about Adam Smith's theory on a Leissez-faire economic efficiency. I d say BS you stupid economists. Thats how competition efficiency works?:LOL:

The absolute lack of any sort of situational detail, such as the name of the school, the name of the tester, the reason as to why the school allowed a random MS employee to advertise their wares during school hours strongly tips me in the direction of "fake."

There's also no mention of the rest of the "presentation", was he there as part of a career fair, was he supposed to speak on some applied science topic, or what exactly was he doing? :rolleyes:

:oops: would schools really allow stuff like that? mine sure didnt :|

Back when I was in high school the guys @ Red Hat came to visit our school. Gave some weak presentation, gave us pamphlets and "free" linux discs. :p

I don't think most schools do that type of stuff, but I could see it happening around a career day or for magnet schools that specialize in computer or computer engineering.

Anyways, the whole post sounds iffy imo. No names given or any specific details other than what he supposedly told them. But if it's true then wow. :LOL:

:oops: would schools really allow stuff like that? mine sure didnt :|

It depends completely on school and the subject. For example if you are studying to become IT personel /programmer, I think the school would be more than happy to welcome Microsoft personel. This is high school however so its rather suspicious story.

If true, it would be damn low!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back