Microsoft: First to 100 Million Consoles Sold Wins War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akumajou

Regular
Can you believe this?

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=11792

Microsoft resets finish line to 100 million after winning the 10 million unit dash

Microsoft believes they can reach 100 million like Sony's PS2 did, erm they have a Nintendo Wii hot on their heels and Sony PS3 picking up the pace and they actually believe they can break 100 million first??!!

I feel that people will grow tired of "shooters" before MS gets to 100 million, I just don't see it happening, Playstation 3 and Nintendo Wii will hold those titles first.

I see nothing good coming out of this thread. In the future you might want to at least try to hide your bias so it doesn't immediately look like a VS thread.

Seems more facetious than something you should actually take seriously. I mean... really.

Would it help you understand the joke if he said "infinity billion" ? ;) There's not much to discuss.

Microsoft believes they can reach 100 million like Sony's PS2 did, erm they have a Nintendo Wii hot on their heels and Sony PS3 picking up the pace and they actually believe they can break 100 million first??!!

I've seen a few Shame Kim interveiws from the MS gamers day nd he's never said anything of sort. I love how sites take a comment and spin and then people spin it top of that even more!

Read some of the more indepth interviews and you can clearly see what he's saying. Also, do you really expect Sony and MS to come out and declare Nintendo the "winner" while they're fighting for marketshare!?

Even if they move away from shooters the fact that it is selling almost at a negligible pace in Japan will make it virtually impossible for them to hit 100M first.

FWIW kim said
Asked when he felt the winner could be announced, Kim answered: “When somebody's well on their way to reaching 100 million units.”

ild say its practically impossible for the xbox360 to even get anywhere near to 100million, its been out 31months now + has averaged, 610k worldwide a month even if they double their pace its still to slow
xb360 ~610k month
wii ~1300k month
ps3 ~630k

I'm gonna lock this thread as its PR nonsense, with nothing intelligently discussable. Corporate spokespersons talk out their arse, always. eg.
Microsoft may have a problem reaching the 100 million mark ahead of its competitors if the Japanese market isn’t buying the Xbox 360, where the console has yet to sell 1 million units. “Well, we've always known that we weren't going to win in Japan, right?,” Kim replied.
We knew we weren't gonna win in Japan, right? Yet back in 2005...
This time round, Microsoft has recruited Maruyama, who's a former executive with Square Enix, the Japanese games developer behind the hugely popular Final Fantasy series. And he promised things will be different with the 360: "This time, as well as launching first, we have focused on designing the machine and the games for the Japanese market. We expect to win," he added, bullishly.
They all talk nonsense, gabbling moronic hyperbole. Correction, Nintendo don't on the whole. Actually, correcting my correction, every time they're addressed about the Wii market they describe it differently, so yes, even Ninty called gobbledegook! These remarks are irrelevant to all sane people. Sweep them under the rug with all the other bizarre business-speak predictions and ignore them, rather than try to form rational arguments!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back