Microsoft Blue Dragon Bundle For Japan

A limited faceplate too? Dang, we always get shafted when it comes to bundles. Remember the awesome white Panzer Dragoon Xbox that was Japan only?

On a side note, there's approx 250 replies to that post, most of it due to the blogger's mention of "us roundeyes" not getting that bundle here in the US (I guess I'll be getting it since I'm an American-Asian with not so rounded eyes, lol). Caused quite a stir...

Oh dear how entertaining. I'm not a big fan of Mr.Cole(I've been banned from posting comments due to my criticisms of him) but that whining is ridiculous.

And the figurines make that package pretty neat. I'm a sucker for merchandising.

Calling US people "round eyes" is obviously a slur against asians, omgwtfbbq...

I'd laugh at that whole mess if it wasn't so sad.

And we wonder why the war in iraq won't ever end when people are so eager to get offended over nothing... I guess every colored individual in the universe should start screaming their heads off next time they see "white" being used to describe skin color, since they've obviously been slighted. *shakes head*

Well if you wanna sell more consoles this is definitely one way to do it. Only $252 U.S. bucks.
Plus the price of the memory card.

[bryan intihar mode]Is it worth it for one game? 300 bucks? That's a good question.[/bryan intihar mode]

It seems that the good presence of Ms in Tokyo & the release of Dead rising helped 360 sales in Japan... a little.

- DS Lite: 274,389 134,554 (96.22%)
- PS2: 31,992 681 (2.08%)
- PSP: 25,319 2,201 (9.52%)
- Xbox 360: 2,195 1,086 (97.93%)
- GBA SP: 1,811334 (15.57%)
- Game Boy Micro: 1,103 83 (7.00%)
- Gamecube: 523 240 (31.45%)
- DS Phat: 253 63 (19.94%)
- GBA: 10 10 (50.00%)
- Xbox: 3 5 (62.5%)

Meanwhile, the unappreciated Xbox 360 finally manages to defeat the GBA SP and even manages to show the greatest increase in terms of percentage. A couple of thousand units sold is still pretty paltry compared to the rest of the chart, but it seems that Microsoft's role-playing blitz at the Tokyo Game Show is having its intended, positive effect. Will Japanese interest continue to rise before the Blue Dragon bundle launches? Time will most certainly be unable to keep that information secret.

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/10/06/japanese-hardware-sales-25-september-1-october-fully-transla/

I think it's a great offer that might very well help the console sell decently. I wish they drop a similar bundle here in Canada ! :D

Because MS can claim 95+% increase in sales on weeks they've done well! All looks good in the boardroom.

I'm talking about the original Xbox, not the 360.

The Xbox isn't even in poduction anymore and MS isn't making any more games for it. The only sales it generates anywhere is from the very limited amount of backstock that some stores have.

I mean, it's sold 8 whole systems in the past 2 weeks in Japan. 5 last week, 3 this week. Why bother tracking it?

I mean, it's sold 8 whole systems in the past 2 weeks in Japan. 5 last week, 3 this week. Why bother tracking it?
Might just be a side-effect of the monitoring. If the tracking is automatic based on sales on the tills, it's no extra effort.

No, it just doesn't seem worth the effort when it takes longer to type in the data than it does to physically count the sales.

:LOL: Well... is it such a huge deal? If you're the first to say that it takes 2 seconds to check and 4 to type... Who cares, really?

Back