Microsoft 1st party.. uh oh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have they lost it?

Forza 2 looks like Forza in HD and Halo 3 looks like Halo 2 in HD. Best looking games on the system are still UE3-based.. what the hell is going on?

Have they lost it?

Forza 2 looks like Forza in HD and Halo 3 looks like Halo 2 in HD. Best looking games on the system are still UE3-based.. what the hell is going on?

But from all reports and my experience they play brilliantly. I'd much rather that on an 'upscaled game' than a pretty game that plays like shyte.

Best looking games on the system are still UE3-based.. what the hell is going on?

But a game like Gears had to cheat a rather lot to look that impressive. You couldn't do it in the same kind of scenario as Halo 3 does.

Anyway, looks like they're taking a cue from Nintendo then, eh? :) Gameplay over Graphics.

Which is a shame because I hate Nintendo games partly because I just can't get past the graphics. Sure gameplay is very important, but once you get that right graphics can realy add. It's not for nothing that 80% of my brain's signal processing capacity is dedicated to visual input. ;) And most of the rest goes to my ears (wow, I was playing Killzone Liberation yesterday and boy does that game have an impressive score!)*

* resized for thread relevance. :D

Halo 3 looks good buddy!

There are comparison videos +pics that show Halo2 does definitly NOT look just like Halo 3. Anymore than Ninja Gaiden Sigma looks just like Ninja Gaiden Xbox.

Forza 2 isn't really MS's fault, it's more that they were aiming at 60FPS imo. PGR4 should have nice graphics again, because they are aiming for that.

Have they lost it?

I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that Halo 3 looks like Halo 2 based on the multiplayer mode of a beta version. Wait for single player footage of the final version, it may look much better than what we're seeing now.

Forza 2 isn't great looking, but it's definitely better looking than Forza 1 by a long shot. Have you played the demo?

Have they lost it?

Forza 2 looks like FM in HD?

Seriously, watch this before coming into conclusions like that. Heck, that video doesnt even do both games justice. Try playing BOTH games and from that, you'd clearly see theres alot more going on other than just higher definition.

As for Halo 3, puhlease :rolleyes: . Like I said, watch Halo 2 (xbox or vista) and watch Halo 3 and you'll already notice some striking differences between the two games. Well, atleast the general consensus of this forum think so, maybe thru your eyes there isnt much going on :LOL:

Best looking games are still UE3 based.... well, lets see now.... maybe its because there hasnt been much 1st party titles out on the market yet, and that practically every major publisher uses UE3 (ranging all parties), so theres not much variety there. Also, last time I checked, Lost Planet isnt UE3 and looks rather nice :p

Whats going on is that youre jumping into conclusions too early. Just as PS3 and Wii have room to grow to prove themselves, the X360 should be given that aswell.

Bah, nvm me. i'll just turn around and start walking that direction :LOL:

Forza 2 looks like FM in HD?

Seriously, watch this before coming into conclusions like that. Heck, that video doesnt even do both games justice. Try playing BOTH games and from that, you'd clearly see theres alot more going on other than just higher definition.

As for Halo 3, puhlease :rolleyes: . Like I said, watch Halo 2 (xbox or vista) and watch Halo 3 and you'll already notice some striking differences between the two games. Well, atleast the general consensus of this forum think so, maybe thru your eyes there isnt much going on :LOL:

Best looking games are still UE3 based.... well, lets see now.... maybe its because there hasnt been much 1st party titles out on the market yet, and that practically every major publisher uses UE3 (ranging all parties), so theres not much variety there. Also, last time I checked, Lost Planet isnt UE3 and looks rather nice :p

Whats going on is that youre jumping into conclusions too early. Just as PS3 and Wii have room to grow to prove themselves, the X360 should be given that aswell.

Bah, nvm me. i'll just turn around and start walking that direction :LOL:

It is the 360's second year though. And I have a feeling the PS3 may be getting some very impressive looking games in its first year. Well Motorstorm for one...but thinking about Lair, Uncharted, Ratchet and HS...all custom engines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back