Metal Gear Solid 3 vs Resident Evil 4(GC version) which game looks better IYO?

PSman

Banned
Metal Gear Solid 3 vs Resident Evil 4(GC version). Which game looks better and is more technically impressive? I heard that as a whole, MGS3 actually have higher poly count, is that true?

Metal Gear Solid 3 vs Resident Evil 4(GC version). Which game looks better and is more technically impressive? I heard that as a whole, MGS3 actually have higher poly count, is that true?

I think the RE 4 characters had more polygons, or alteast the main characters. And there where quite a lot of characters osnscreen.

I think the RE 4 characters had more polygons, or alteast the main characters. And there where quite a lot of characters osnscreen.

You are correct about that.

Leon 10000 polys

Snake 8000 polys

MGS3 is not only technically the more impressive game, but IMO looks better too (yes, I've played and completed both games).

Resident Evil probably has the edge in image quality and clarity in stills, but when you're playing, you just start to notice how much more interactive everything is in MGS3. Not only that, but the whole setting is more varied as well - from lakes to the forrest to the more industrial setting in the later levels.

Both games have 3 major changes in setting; MGS3 goes from the forest to the mountains to the base, while RE4 goes from the village to the castle to the fort. I'll say MGS3 is more visually impressive though, at least when it isn't loosing vsync.

Back