Merge Console and PC games forums?

From the next gen, it's all x86-64 gaming anyway, so it would make some sense. ;)

From the next gen, it's all x86-64 gaming anyway, so it would make some sense. ;)

And for current gen, it's all console ports anyways, so it would make some sense. ;)

I don't think it's such a good idea, controls are different and consoles aren't that good compared to a PC, that'd be comparing/talking about two completely different experiences...

I think it's a bad idea. The signal/noise difference between the console and PC forums is quite significant. Yes there are cross-platform games, but there are also a lot of platform exclusives too. Just throwing everything into one forum just makes a big mess to wade through in order to find what you want.

I don't care either way; the division seems arbitrary now, as the versions of ps3 and x360 titles can be different, but... it's kind of a pin to have four or more gamin subforums, I'd guess!

Otoh, further narrowing of scope (x360, ps3, pc, iOS, and multiplat subforums) might further reduce fanboyism. Tbh, I haven't had any significant problems with fanboyism lately, aside from the usual "pc is dying" ballyhoo blahblah...

If consoles start using mouse and keyboard primarily and PC's start using large TV's and couches primarily then sure. Otherwise leave your damn smelly console heathens out of our area.

If consoles start using mouse and keyboard primarily and PC's start using large TV's and couches primarily then sure. Otherwise leave your damn smelly console heathens out of our area.

Other than being absolutely hilarious, this statement also speaks volumes about the kind of banter that would quickly turn from civil to WW3. Other than technical differences, which personally I think alone justifies separate sections, people are very devoted to each platform for their own personal reasons, and I foresee numerous arguments regarding the topic. One thing I really appreciate about B3D is the forum's tone, it's a nice break from most of the other shit out there that's pages of trolling and insults being thrown about.

Not to mention, each platform has it's own exclusive titles. So, as a PC gamer if I were to enter a consolidated forum, I'd have to wade through waist high threads about games on platforms I don't even play. That may be a total non-issue to others, but I wouldn't want to basically filter topics just to access what I came to read.

The PS3/360 people get by on seeing each others games in the same forum, so I am certain that the few PC exclusives worthy of making threads for could exist in harmony as well. I think the number of subforums should be reduced, and this is just one of the logical ways to make it happen.

(PC gamer here)

The PC game threads would be constantly buried under the avalanche of console threads, so I vote no.

I would welcome it. I play it all.

PC forums often are quite inactive sometimes...thus I often post in the related console thread.

Merge it!

there will be no merger, we are the
_wallpaper__glorious_pc_gaming_master_race_by_admiralserenity-d5qvxos.png

Console peasants will be allowed to "integrate" into our masterful society

I find it ironic that the above image seems to be intended as a desktop background, but is sized at the lowly peasant resolution of 1366x768. If your gaming PC sports such a lowly resolution you belong with the peasants :p

Well the number of cross-platform games seems to be rising, and with similar architectures during the next-gen I think all games except exclusives will end up in both PC and consoles.

For me it's "Yay".

I think yes, it can be annoying having to read two seperate threads for the same game. And also feeling like I cant comment on an interesting point in the console thread because my comment comes from a pc perspective.

Perhaps P.C Gaming should be moved to the RPS forum since that is the only place religion is allowed to be discussed

The same game played the same way should be covered in the same thread, methinks. Talk of gameplay and story and tactics and whatnot are platform neutral. However, things like PC mods would need to be managed (no point muddling a thread about something half the readers can't use), so there'd have to be a ruling that only the cross-platform content is talked about in the cross-platform thread.

There'd also have to be STRICT rules to prevent console vs. PC discussions breaking out, which seems likely.

We also need mobile coverage, and the same game can feature on tablets and PC these days. Before long it won't matter - there won't be the distinction between hardware.

Back