Membership Suggestions *Console Tech*

Status
Not open for further replies.

An0nym0us

Newcomer
*Sigh* listen mods/admins/whoever runs this site. Can you PLEASE turn this into a private forum that only the members that join the site can view the forums? Like what the "hacker" site: www.g00ns.net :has done with their own forum.

Listen every single time you make one of your discoveries the internet explodes with troll/flamebait/HA HA my console or game is better than yours, threads. They will either link directly to this thread, or even to the news sites that were tipped off about this (which also link to this thread). Not everyone across the internet is as mature as here, most of these "guest" who have been watching this thread for the last few days are nothing more than trolls on other sites.

This kind of information doesn't need to go fully public anyway. I mean oh noez one version of GTA4 is 80p less than the other version with no AA, it is inferior. Or oh noez Halo 3 is only 640p with no AA, woe is me. The only people that care are fanboys who want fuel for the "console/fanboy war". The only thing that matters is that the games are close to the same in graphics, run well, and are fun. The websites that review the games are enough to tell us that info. And the reviews and comparison videos show there is little to no difference between the 2 GTA4 games, they look exactly the same in the end.

Everyone will benefit in the end, you can continue to discuss your interest, the mods on all the other websites deal with less, multiconsole owners (like me) will see a little less fighting, anyone who actually cares to view your findings can just join the site, and game sales take less of a hit. The only ones who suffer are the immature trolls who will not be able to link directly to the thread anymore. I just ask that you at least consider this course of action please.

If B3D is in the public eye as much as you say (which i have no reason to believe is incorrect), then surely what you suggest would significantly reduce site hits? Doesn't sound like a very wise move to me!

Besides, its good to get good info out there on the net. If people want to use it to cause arguments thats their business. But if they didn't get their info from B3D, they would probably just make it up anyway!

Would be worse to make it a private forum for several reasons. One reason would be that someone being a member would spread it on others sites and those wanting to validate the info would have to register an account on this server to verify.
Which brings me to the second point, lots and lots of one time accounts created while people outside are "climbing on top of each other to peak through the window"! :smile:

Besides, its good to get good info out there on the net. If people want to use it to cause arguments thats their business. But if they didn't get their info from B3D, they would probably just make it up anyway!

Yep and that would be far worse becouse the fanboys would dictate what is true info and what is false and what they groupwise agree to believe instead of those with knowledge and experience and hard facts!

Besides, the silly seasons keep us all on our toes. Learning how to deal with the influx of strangers during those times is just another thing to help keep entropy at bay. :)

I'm not sure I get the idea...if the console flame wars were only devoid of hard data and analysis then they would end? Now that's a funny one! :)

The only people that care are fanboys who want fuel for the "console/fanboy war".

Uh, oh! You just called the entire population of posters in the Console Technology subforum fanboys.

"Who is it?"
"Goons."
"Who?"
"Hired goons."

"Games sales take less of a hit?" Why not add "Bambi's mom lives," while you're at it? Man, that hurts.

I think if the whoevers who run this techzoo just spritz some nitrous everytime ppl visit the forums via the frontpage, we'll all be fine. I'm sure there's a Firefox extension for that.

It's simply not going to happen that I hide anything other than RPSC from guests. That's the only forum that's non-moderated, which is why it's hidden. Everything is entirely browsable and viewable as guest, and that will never ever change. End of thread.

Holding the reasonable hostage to the actions of the unreasonable is a rube's game anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back