"Meet the Twiblings" - NYTimes article on a family made via egg donors and surrogacy

draconian

Newcomer
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/02/magazine/02babymaking-t.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1

As stated in the title, there was an egg donor (who gave 2 eggs), they were fertilized by the husband's sperm, implanted into 2 different ladies, and finally born 5 days apart.

If you read the comments, there are quite a number people criticizing them. One one hand, I can see their arguments (overpopulation, narcissism, orphans that need families, etc...). On the other hand, let people do what makes them happy.

I don't see how anyone could criticize this, because they can't concieve naturally they're narcissists and should live out their lives childless because of a non-existing problem like overpopulation? Lol, wut?

That's the stupidest thing I ever heard. Ok, not THE stupidest, but it's completely illogical nevertheless. Undoubtedly, it's religious fucktards who're protesting, as usual, who feel the "established order of things" (by "god", no doubt) are being violated by modern technological advances.

I wish people could just STOP being ignorant and irrational, but I guess that's too much to ask.

That's the stupidest thing I ever heard. Ok, not THE stupidest, but it's completely illogical nevertheless. Undoubtedly, it's religious fucktards who're protesting, as usual, who feel the "established order of things" (by "god", no doubt) are being violated by modern technological advances.

I wish people could just STOP being ignorant and irrational, but I guess that's too much to ask.

I have a hard time deciding which is more irrational, getting worked up over the article or getting worked up over the comments to the article.

Lead by example I always say.

As for the article, it's amazing what recourse is available to the affluent these days. But more power to them. I don't doubt these kids will be loved and well looked after.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back