Media Player 10 beta

Build 3473 runs quite well for me. I've been using it for awhile now and no real problems, just a few minor glitches. I also like it's new UI much better.

Screenshots: 1 2

Ummm, the UI does look nicer - thanks for the shots.

I generally like WMP as it's a good all-in-one player with nice categorisation and is easily extensible with codecs. I'm not too bothered about skins and stuff so long as it plays files well. I just hope, though, that M$ don't do what they did with Word and take a good product and keep adding features for the sake of it, until it becomes bloated and slow. Already MWP is a memory hog, but as I've a gig of RAM I don't mind. However, they better keep startup time quick and not keep pressing DRM and the WMV format.

I'd love to have that "theme" for the whole desktop. Is there a way to do that? And i'd love to have Mac's UI.......... i'm sure there's a way......

london-boy said:
I'd love to have that "theme" for the whole desktop. Is there a way to do that? And i'd love to have Mac's UI.......... i'm sure there's a way......
tons of themes out there, and "dock like" programs, specially for this purpose.

london-boy said:

What, something like this? There are tons of apple visual styles out there, you just need to patch uxtheme.dll to allow for unofficial themes.

ANova said:
Build 3473 runs quite well for me. I've been using it for awhile now and no real problems, just a few minor glitches. I also like it's new UI much better.

Screenshots: 1 2

Wow, they keep making it uglier and uglier with every release. The one that comes with Windows ME(Don't know the version number.) is the best looking one, IMO.

*IST revives. He now has 8 lives left.*

*Gets out laser rifle and fires in l-b's direction.*

WMP for videos for life!

IST said:

WMP for videos for life!

*LB is turned the other way, looking at himself in the mirror, he broke a nail*
*LB sees IST in the mirror*
*IST fires LB*
*LB jumps on the right, breaks another nail and starts screaming*
*Laser hits mirror, gets reflected, and IST can't even feel the laser cutting through his brain, drops dead*

LB KILLED IST!

london-boy said:
IST said:

WMP for videos for life!

*LB is turned the other way, looking at himself in the mirror, he broke a nail*
*LB sees IST in the mirror*
*IST fires LB*
*LB jumps on the right, breaks another nail and starts screaming*
*Laser hits mirror, gets reflected, and IST can't even feel the laser cutting through his brain, drops dead*

LB KILLED IST!

*IST revives. He now has 7 lives.*

*IST grabs the "Cannot miss/be deflected" gun and fires at l-b. The round suddenly turns around and shoots in IST's direction. It goes through his heart and kills him.*

*IST revives, he now has 6 lives.*

Back