Medal of Honour :Warfighter (Frostbite 2)

They worked hard on that BF3 engine. It would be a shame if it's only used by one game !

How's "Medal of Honour" compared to BF3 gameplay-wise ? Is it more arcady ?

They worked hard on that BF3 engine. It would be a shame if it's only used by one game !

Not really more arcadey, it's actually quite similar to BF3's campaign but better designed IMO.

I had to force myself to much of BF3's campaign where I found MoH's SP more enjoyable, even if it lacked some polish.

I played the campaign of the first MOH.

I was really good. Some really great scenarios and solid gunplay. For me the story lacked any real substance, but it was really gunning for realism and less of the drama and more bombastic nature of say a COD campaign.

There were some sections though that were just amazing. One particular one remains momorable to me, and I will always see it as a high point in FPS games this gen.

My only qaulm with MOH was its graphics and narrative. If warfighter can solve that then great :)

Hmph, so it's like BF3 but only different maps and story ? That sounds strange. No/little gameplay difference ?

BF3 requires teamwork. I'd assume MoH doesn't ?

MoH the reboot is like the COD: Modern Warfare series but slightly worse. The SP is a bit worse, the gameplay is a bit worse, the graphics were definitely worse, and the storyline was a lot worse (IMO). But overall if you like COD style of SP, then MoH the reboot isn't too bad. I myself enjoyed it, although it bothered me from time to time that it wasn't as polished (graphically or gameplay wise) as the COD: MW series.

That shouldn't come as a surprise however as they were trying to emulate the success of COD: MW. Even down to the infinite spawning enemies (which doesn't bother me like it does other people).

Now if you are referring to the original MoH, then that game was absolutely brilliant. :)

Regards,
SB

Ok, so it's a "solo" MP shooter. You go in and rake up as many kills as possible. I suppose the gunplay and level design would be important in this kind of game.

Ok, so it's a "solo" MP shooter. You go in and rake up as many kills as possible. I suppose the gunplay and level design would be important in this kind of game.

I don't think of it that way. The MP was done by DICE with the Frostbite engine (SP was a different engine) I believe but maybe I'm remembering things incorrectly there. I suppose if you think of the COD series as solo MP shooter then MoH would fit that as well.

Regards,
SB

SP was in Uneal engine ! They kept it as relistic as possible, is what I hear. Even the story has real scenarios told by Tier 1 operators, supposedly, and they were pretty happy with how the sp turned out.

MoH the reboot is like the COD: Modern Warfare series but slightly worse. The SP is a bit worse, the gameplay is a bit worse, the graphics were definitely worse, and the storyline was a lot worse (IMO). But overall if you like COD style of SP, then MoH the reboot isn't too bad. I myself enjoyed it, although it bothered me from time to time that it wasn't as polished (graphically or gameplay wise) as the COD: MW series.

That shouldn't come as a surprise however as they were trying to emulate the success of COD: MW. Even down to the infinite spawning enemies (which doesn't bother me like it does other people).

Now if you are referring to the original MoH, then that game was absolutely brilliant. :)

Regards,
SB

Agreed on everything but the story part, oddly enough I actually somewhat cared about the characters in MoH but I can't really say the same for CoD even though that series has had more games to build on the story and characters.

I don't think any of us are talking about the MP at all. IMO that was largely ignored since it was mostly seen as a dumbed down BF clone with smaller maps and no vehicles. The campaign was the only thing I ever played of MoH.

SP was in Uneal engine ! They kept it as relistic as possible, is what I hear. Even the story has real scenarios told by Tier 1 operators, supposedly, and they were pretty happy with how the sp turned out.

Even when considering the lack of polish, it actually looked really nice at times for a UE3 game. The lighting was definitely the strong spot, IIRC they actually implemented deferred lighting for this game, of course I could be wrong on that one.

The big sore spots were definitely the particle effects and explosions *throws up in mouth*.

Agreed on everything but the story part, oddly enough I actually somewhat cared about the characters in MoH but I can't really say the same for CoD even though that series has had more games to build on the story and characters.

Agreed. COD:MW stories outside of MW1 have been utterly dreadful. I'd even argue that the gameplay in MoH was better than any COD i've played as the slower paced gunplay made it more enjoyable for me. COD has been aweful and not because of the infinitely spawning enemies. Moreso becuase the game is a superfast twitch shooter with enemies pouring out at you from everywhere at 100mph, and i'm poorly constrained to having to shoot them with shitty controller's analogue sticks. You basically can't aim at anything before getting nailed, hence the "snap-to sticky assist" & cheap "auto-aim" which basically boils down to the game playing itself in my eyes. Yeah you can't turn those off, but the game just gets worse because then you can't even shoot shit and so ensues the endless strings of death and shouting expletives at your console.
MoH was a slower paced game and it benefitte in that way, as I could turn off the assists and still actually shoot things.

Even when considering the lack of polish, it actually looked really nice at times for a UE3 game. The lighting was definitely the strong spot, IIRC they actually implemented deferred lighting for this game, of course I could be wrong on that one.

The big sore spots were definitely the particle effects and explosions *throws up in mouth*.

Agreed again, although i would also add that, for particularly the particle effects, these were even worse in COD games with the poor resolution and evn lower res transparencies. :mad: eerrrrrghhh!

I really enjoyed the MOH SP. It made COD feel really contrived in terms of gameplay and very clumsy in terms of graphics. I would definitely be sold on a second if they keep to the same standards and don't ape the brain dead experience that COD has turned into.

Just watched a "game show" from norways biggest newspaper and they said that the game would feature playable characters from the Norwegian special forces, guess that means I will get this game ;-)

Here's a link to said show(but it's in Norwegian, so guess its not for most of the people on here :))
http://www.vgtv.no/#!id=50481

:LOL: I still don't know what this game is about. But it's cool to see people relate their impressions. I'll keep it in mind next time I come across a MoH article.

Back