Maybach Exelero - 8 million dollar car !

The Phantom Drophead IS cool no doubts but I like the Exelero better. REminds me of some futuristic car from an alternate universe...something like the car from Big O the anime...

Batmobile?

Am I the only one getting a "Batman Animated Series" Batmobile vibe from that thing? Looks spot on.

Yeah, that's the influence of art deco in the design, something that Tim Burton used in those Batman-movies that kind of gave the whole Batman-universe a new retro-feel with a gothic touch. That style can be seen in various movies like Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow or even Attack of the Clones, and in games like Bioshock.

I think the car looks really nice, like that Chrysler-concept that later on became the Crossfire. But for 8 million I would expect at least a 1200hp engine and there seems to be room for it under that hood. :)

Crossfire concept from 2001:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a Maybach. Disgusting. It's already overpriced by about 7,999,999 dollars. The car is most likely to be a big piece of crap if it's anything like past Maybachs. Not worth it in the slightest.

It's a Maybach. Disgusting. It's already overpriced by about 7,999,999 dollars. The car is most likely to be a big piece of crap if it's anything like past Maybachs. Not worth it in the slightest.

What are you basing your info on when you say the past Maybachs where a piece of crap?

The real Maybachs where pretty much the pinnacle of german engineering at the time, and todays Maybach are pretty much a uber Merc. A car to compete with Bentleys and RR, from what ive seen from reviews, most people are very impressed by it. As a limo the 57 and 62 kills any competition if comfort has anything to say about it, probably not much of a drivers cars, but if you wanted that you shouldn't have bought a 20 foot limusine to begin with.

Why are Maybachs supposedly a piece of crap? Mercedes allways set the new standart every time they release a S-class, and they usually completely piss on the competition in the high end big sedan segment. Maybach is made by Mercedes, thus they are based on all the technology from the S-class (for the Maybach Sedans) and then add as much comfort and soundproofing as possible. If you would compare it to a Bentley or RR phantom which is the only real other competition for the maybach sedans, the Maybach would win on everything except for design and maybe handling (then again, handling will suck anyway when the car is as big as a boat).

(Allthought i would personally have a Phatom if i had to buy such a car, as they look insane in RL)

Last edited by a moderator:
The sideview mirrors kinda stick out. It doesn't look bad compare to the old Maybach. For $8mil I expect it to come equip with gadgets from a James Bond movie.

It is not even a prototype, it's just a show car that a tire manufacturer Fulda ordered from us. The exterior design came out of a student contest.

8 mio is the real price, that's really the cost of building something like that since it's almost entirely "handmade" custom parts.

As for the numbers, just a little example: I recently had to install a pile of pressure sensors for measurements in one of our new products and just these couple of sensors costed 60000 Euro. A development of a single ECU from scratch costs usually about 4 mio. Euro.

You always have to differ between series pricing and prototypes, prototypes always cost, like, their weight in gold.

Btw I had a pic of that car as my desktop background at work for ages, I LOVE it. Now I got a big poster on the wall next to me as I'm typing this :) If you saw it live, you would too, trust me. Pure concentrated evil right there, a Ferrari looks like a harmless toy next to it.

Sorry but all I can say is that you have no idea what you're talking about. Or you're simply a hater.

It is not even a prototype, it's just a show car that a tire manufacturer Fulda ordered from us. The exterior design came out of a student contest.

8 mio is the real price, that's really the cost of building something like that since it's almost entirely "handmade" custom parts.

As for the numbers, just a little example: I recently had to install a pile of pressure sensors for measurements in one of our new products and just these couple of sensors costed 60000 Euro. A development of a single ECU from scratch costs usually about 4 mio. Euro.

You always have to differ between series pricing and prototypes, prototypes always cost, like, their weight in gold.

Btw I had a pic of that car as my desktop background at work for ages, I LOVE it. Now I got a big poster on the wall next to me as I'm typing this :) If you saw it live, you would too, trust me. Pure concentrated evil right there, a Ferrari looks like a harmless toy next to it.

Ah, so that's why it costs so much.

Back