Max: The Curse of Brotherhood

THis looks so damn fantastic :oops: ! I have no other info on the game, but I so hope this comes to the PS4/PS3 !
Highly unlikely, the Danish studio which created the game are part of Microsoft Game Studios now.

This is their whole story, a quite interesting one I must add.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-19-how-max-made-his-way-to-xbox-one

I am going to purchase the game in a few minutes, I am very curious about this one. This and Halo Spartan Assault are going to be my games of Christmas 2013.

From the uploaded clips the game looks like it could be entertaining. Looking forward to hearing your initial feedback on the game, so keep us updated.

The game looks beautiful. However, the marker (drawing device) looks more “gimmicky” than actually improving gameplay. It needs to be more balanced in nature, not disjointing the gameplay. Example; @20:20, the drawing (mostly prompting) of the jump pads/ledges is adding more time to play, not actually helping it along. But its early, time will tell.

I have been playing the game, two levels or so. This generation is going to be quite impressive by the looks of things.

It is a simple game, but it doesn't have a single jaggie in sight, and because of that it looks like one of those Disney animation movies, CGI quality stuff, bridging the distances of the quality both methods offer, videogames and CGI, though.

What's more surprising is that the game has been made with Unity.

A PS4 version is ruled out then .Is it coming on PC?

I also share Shortbread's concern that the marker thing might just turn into an obligation.. I hope there are multiple ways to do things rather than "Draw this here to continue".

Is there no review out for this?

Kotoku says "No" to buying the game. Controls ruin the unique art and story. Why didn't they make it Kinect if it is supposed to have tablet style drawing?

Downloaded as a Christmas gift so I have not played, for my son I think he will be fine with the marker aspect more so than a (Kotaku). Have any of you let your kids play?

Glad to see this game release early, and I thought Press Play was now a first party?

The resolution seems to be 1080p, the framerate seems to be 60 fps.

This happens right after the start, that's one of the reasons why I said it looks like a CGI.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Beautiful game with solid platformer mechanics. The skills of the main character continue to expand and the visuals are pretty much throughout. My favorite level is chapter 3 -1 Lost in the Dark. The use of the marker to not only light your way through the cavern is ingenious. Additionally, certain objects are phosphorescent and will glow after you put your marker away. Very well done puzzles throughout.

Hope you didn't pay for it. This game is free with Games with Gold this month.

On Xbox One only though. And they haven't announced when it comes out since it requires the newer dashboard update.

Tommy McClain

Back