Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales [PS4, PS5, PC]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
I still can't believe that this is coming out as a launch title. So happy. Five more months. :)
Part of what appeals about this particular game is that I know very little about Miles Morales. I love the idea of his own unique powers like electricity (ala inFamous 1 and 2) and invisibility. I also like a good superhero origin story and this is one I can go into blind, unlike other superhero's who have been done to death. I like for for the Tom Holland Spider-Man movies, they just completely skipped over that.

Plus invisibility implies some decent stealth aspect. Spider-Man is so a natural stealth character but it was inhibited on Spider-Man PS4, once in combat the enemies instinctively knew where you were which felt wrong. I felt the lack of viable stealth in Spider-Man PS4 was one of the very few things they got wrong.

Part of what appeals about this particular game is that I know very little about Miles Morales. I love the idea of his own unique powers like electricity (ala inFamous 1 and 2) and invisibility. I also like a good superhero origin story and this is one I can go into blind, unlike other superhero's who have been done to death. I like for for the Tom Holland Spider-Man movies, they just completely skipped over that.

Plus invisibility implies some decent stealth aspect. Spider-Man is so a natural stealth character but it was inhibited on Spider-Man PS4, once in combat the enemies instinctively knew where you were which felt wrong. I felt the lack of viable stealth in Spider-Man PS4 was one of the very few things they got wrong.
if you want, you can catch up quickly by watching "into the spider-verse".

I thought it was great.

if you want, you can catch up quickly by watching "into the spider-verse".

I thought it was great.
I've tried to watch this twice, I just cannot get into it at all. Once the other verse Spidies start appearing, some are just absurd and I can't stick with it. :no:

I've tried to watch this twice, I just cannot get into it at all. Once the other verse Spidies start appearing, some are just absurd and I can't stick with it. :no:
It's called the multiverse for a reason. ;) I loved that they even brought back the Spider-man of the 60/70's at the end. :LOL: That was funny. Really awesome Spider-man movie.

I can see you didn't follow the comics much. The Ultimate Marvel Universe is where this all began. All the Marvel characters got the Ultimate treatment and so new characters were born. Miles Morales was one such character in Ultimate Spider-man.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Marvel

I actually have most of the anthology comics somewhere on a HDD in my cupboard.

Last edited:
Who the fk is Gameloft

Oh, this is just weirdness... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gameloft

Gameloft SE is a French video game publisher based in Paris, founded in December 1999 by Ubisoft co-founder Michel Guillemot. The company operates 19 development studios worldwide, and publishes games with a special focus on the mobile games market. Formerly a public company traded at the Paris Bourse, Gameloft was acquired by media conglomerate Vivendi in 2016.
http://www.gameloft.com/minisites/spidermanunlimited-us/

Marvel owns the rights for video games.
Sony only owns the movie rights for anything live action over 44 minutes in length.

I'm sure neither side is pleased.

Marvel owns the rights for video games.
Sony only owns the movie rights for anything live action over 44 minutes in length.

I'm sure neither side is pleased.
I think Sony owns the rights for the Spider-man universe i.e. Spider-man, Venom, Gwen, Vulture, Norman Osborne etc. and not Marvel hence why Marvel almost cut Spider-man from the Marvel universe last year until the agreement was reached about the movie rights and costs. Or did Sony sell the rights back to Marvel because I am not aware of that?

Marvel only sold film rights to Sony. Marvel still owns the game rights and comic rights and merchandise rights.

Back