Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales [PS4, PS5, PC]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
Quality mode is 60fps.
Quantity mode is 30fps.
:devilish:

60 should be default, with RT etc going on. On eurogamer fb comments people thought 60fps would be standard practice on next gen machines.
A more powerfull gpu in combination with upscaling/vrs tech should enable some intresting things.

60 should be default, with RT etc going on. On eurogamer fb comments people thought 60fps would be standard practice on next gen machines.
A more powerfull gpu in combination with upscaling/vrs tech should enable some intresting things.
Will you be disappointed when Hellblade 2 releases at 30fps and doesnt have raytracing? :runaway:

Yes every game should have the option 30 / 60 (or higher fps)
make sacrifices for that higher FPS, eg less resolution

Will you be disappointed when Hellblade 2 releases at 30fps and doesnt have raytracing? :runaway:
I will not. :nope: Like the first one, it's not my type of game. I believe London-boy will lament any lack of options though and in his absence I shall gnash my teeth in anticipated possible frustration. :mad:

Yes every game should have the option 30 / 60 (or higher fps)
make sacrifices for that higher FPS, eg less resolution

If HB2 will look like the initial trailer promised, i won't be dissapointed with the 30fps, even without RT. Aside from that, there might be RT going on there, there was a DF analysis on it by Alex i believe.
60fps modes to 30fps games would be nice, in special with todays upscaling tech.

If HB2 will look like the initial trailer promised, i won't be dissapointed with the 30fps, even without RT. Aside from that, there might be RT going on there, there was a DF analysis on it by Alex i believe.
60fps modes to 30fps games would be nice, in special with todays upscaling tech.

HB2 is UE 5, they will probably use lumen...

4k30 settings turned up, non temporal injection
4k60 reduced settings, temporal injection at 1440p.

The actual definition of 4k is actually pretty loose, this gen it just means greater than 1080p

Do we know if the trailer used temporal injection or not?

Truth is, I'd be surprised if both modes didn't use some form of temporal injection/reconstruction at 60fps should look pretty good

4k30 settings turned up, non temporal injection
4k60 reduced settings, temporal injection at 1440p.

The actual definition of 4k is actually pretty loose, this gen it just means greater than 1080p

Do we know if the trailer used temporal injection or not?

Truth is, I'd be surprised if both modes didn't use some form of temporal injection/reconstruction at 60fps should look pretty good

The trailer was 4k native 30 fps like Horizon 2 Forbbiden West. Out of Sackboy big adventures and Astroboy Playroom with a dynamic resolution at 60 fps all games were native 4k first or third party. This is a PS5, not a PS4 Pro or an Xbox One X...

GT7 is 4k 60fps with raytraced reflection and Deathloop is announced at 4k 60 fps and some form of raytracing.

EDIT: here all resolution analysis

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2020-ps5-reveal-does-it-deliver-the-next-gen-dream

Based on media from yesterday's event, Counterplay Games' Godfall is the only 100 per cent confirmed title from the line-up to target a native 4K60, though possibly Resident Evil 8 may also follow suit - it's not possible to tell from the assets released. While we're on the topic of pixel-counts, Astro's Playroom presented at 4K60 - though some clips in the trailer drop down to 1792p, suggesting a dynamic resolution solution. Meanwhile, Sackboy: A Big Adventure - another game targeting 60 frames per second - reveals areas rendered at 1512p. Of course, all of the titles we saw were work-in-progress and final code may alter.

Last edited:
Actually some people interpret the statement as 4k or 60fps performance mode. And I think it may be true as we normally use 4k60fps instead of 4k / 60fps

Actually some people interpret the statement as 4k or 60fps performance mode. And I think it may be true as we normally use 4k60fps instead of 4k / 60fps

Looking at the dash, it seems reasonable to me that they'd make it 4K or performance 60FPS, like they've been doing with all the PS4 Pro patches.
"4K60 Performance" would imply it's either not-4K to maintain 60FPS (at which point why state 4K?) or reduced image quality settings just to maintain 60FPS at 4K, which would cater to a very small audience IMO. Very few people would gain from rendering at the full 3840*2160 pixels.

"4K60 Performance" would imply it's either not-4K to maintain 60FPS (at which point why state 4K?) or reduced image quality settings just to maintain 60FPS at 4K, which would cater to a very small audience IMO. Very few people would gain from rendering at the full 3840*2160 pixels.

The thing, there are people who do want native 4K regardless of whether they can (or you think they can) perceive any difference. People are different. I read the tweet as there being a native 4K @ 60fps mode and presumably some other graphical sacrifices have made to achieve this.

People have different visual sensitivities there, this is an old discussion we reprised itself over and over on this boards. Resolution vs frame rate, frame rate vs tearing - there are differing views and preferences on all these. I am forgiving if the frame rate that is not solid but torn frames scream at me, even if it's just a tear 5% down from the top of the screen.

Back