Marvel's Avengers (Square-Enix) [PS4, XO, PC, XGP]

@London Geezer

Square Enix has a up to 50% sale for Marvel Avengers on BF.

:mrgreen:

XiL24Kbs4XGun8_ek4s7-iMDWyMtoTwsmLK5-ixEVt4Yg5LLccC5h9vX4gVRv-obKAStk6fxG274JqawDr_6iMY17qiBQih3QW9uS0sF1oZyo-5IbqqkyKxq-aUyF4otR0vEdREgD9o-urj1Ebv7mRi6YvUvN5rimh1NNHAVOgo5PC_FXyBoQw=s0-d-e1-ft

Ok. So I decided to try it and ... I don't hate it. My son has warned me that he liked the beginning up to the Taskmaster boss fight as well, but then the game becomes a mess, so I'll keep you posted. I always play on Hard and it tends to make these kind of games better. Same thing happened with Ryse Son of Rome. On Standard difficulty it was just a button masher, but on Hard you actually had to plan your attacks and parries and the game was a different game IMO. I'm also not anti-QTE mixed in. I enjoy the cinematic aspect of QTEs as long as they are tastefully done.

Currently playing this via the free pass this weekend and I don't know what all the fuss is about. It's a great game IMO and the graphics are awesome for the most part even on my 1070. Playing it maxed out at 2560x1080 with FSR set to 30fps but I tend to be in the 40's anyway so I assume FSR isn't kicking in and I'm just running native. Amazing what you can still do with Pascal.

New Currently playing this via the free pass this weekend and I don't know what all the fuss is about.

You need to play better games if you think this is alright. ;-) The problem is in the end game content.

So I bought it at the currently discounted £17.99 on Steam. Played the hell out of it last weekend while it was free and then spent this week deciding whether or not to buy it (I don't have time for games in the week anyway). I decided to take the plunge as I really enjoyed the core gameplay, the graphics are gorgeous and I think they superbly captured the Avenger look and feel despite not using the real actors likenesses which I understand the reasoning for.

However.... the game is absolutely stuffed full of useless RPG like elements, microtransaction crap, and horrible multiplayer styling of the single player campaign. If they stripped all of that rubbish out and made this a linear single player experience then it would be awesome IMO. As it is, I find myself having to wade through that crap to get to the good bits. I'm actually okay with that as the good bits are really fun IMO but yeah, this feels like a big missed opportunity. Also throwing in what are clearly "capture the flag" levels to pad out the single player campaign isn't cool. It's not that I didn't enjoy those levels a bit, I just enjoyed them much less than the clearly SP campaign focussed levels.

Anyway, I don't regret the purchase, I've had my £18 out of it already I reckon and I'll definitely play more, probably finish it. But I do understand the complaints, assuming they're motivated by the reasons I point out above at least.

Also, Ms Marvel is pretty f*cking cool.

Cool. I might actually play it before moaning that I don't like it. I have an issue with superhero games where their powers muted for the sake of game technology. Ironman, Thor and Hulk need fully destructible levels 100km wide. :)

As I said I the xCloud thread, quite enjoyed a poot around with the single player campaign. Reached the first boss and that was annoying and not very entertaining. Then the first map selected mission is desperately dull.

Good production values though!

@London Geezer did you already get your platinum trophy?

Crystal Dynamics is apparently preparing to "sunset" Marvel's Avengers next year, according to a new report detailing the live service action-RPG's troubled development.​

According to a report from Exputer, Crystal Dynamics has "no plans for content in 2024" and will be looking to sunset Marvel's Avengers in 2023, bringing an end to the troubled game's time in the sun.

Rest of the Article @ https://www.trueachievements.com/n52210/marvels-avengers-sunset-report-xbox

@London Geezer did you already get your platinum trophy?

Crystal Dynamics is apparently preparing to "sunset" Marvel's Avengers next year, according to a new report detailing the live service action-RPG's troubled development.​

According to a report from Exputer, Crystal Dynamics has "no plans for content in 2024" and will be looking to sunset Marvel's Avengers in 2023, bringing an end to the troubled game's time in the sun.

Rest of the Article @ https://www.trueachievements.com/n52210/marvels-avengers-sunset-report-xbox

What does sunset mean? Can it still be played as a single player game? I've never even attempted the multiplayer modes in this (assuming they exist) but as a single player it's half decent as an Avengers beat-em-up sim. My oldest loves it.

What does sunset mean? Can it still be played as a single player game? I've never even attempted the multiplayer modes in this (assuming they exist) but as a single player it's half decent as an Avengers beat-em-up sim. My oldest loves it.

Supposedly the game can be played offline, but everything is so heavily focused on post-campaign content (which seemed to be driven by connections to an online server) that I don't think you'll be able to do anything.

Back