Marketing Next-Gen Consoles [2020] *spawn*

Discussion in 'Console Industry' started by Jay, May 7, 2020.

1. PSman1700

Veteran Newcomer

The Decima engine never fails to impress.

egoless likes this.
  2. cheapchips

Veteran Newcomer

I'm sure whatever Kojima Productions used to achieve the effect (both tech and production) will be rolled back into HZD2

3. PSman1700

Veteran Newcomer

And probably much more beyond that ;)

4. chris1515

Veteran Regular

In the QA part of this video, they explain the cinematic tools was totally revamped for KP needs and it will help probably for HZD2. And many tools will improve for hZD2 and will help to produce better content.

Here for the DLC Frozen Wild, they said they used for the first time photogrammetry. I suppose it helps them have a better shading before modifiying the aspect in post processing for reach the BBC hyper-realism, like BBC modification of real cam footage in post-production.

#84 chris1515, May 11, 2020
    Last edited: May 11, 2020
    ultragpu, DSoup and PSman1700 like this.
  5. Unknown Soldier

Veteran

Well no wonder we have the rumour that Scarlett will be $400, because having Lockhart arrive at the same time would be just suicidal from Microsoft and they need to compete with PS5 and following the disasterous "gameplay" release two weeks ago they need to do something to try and guarantee XBSX sales.

6. Shifty Geezer

Shifty Geezer uber-Troll!
    Moderator Legend

Yep. Show eye-popping first-party AAA titles instead of a few indies.

7. eastmen

Legend Subscriber

Microsoft has about 10 exclusive games with 8 of them being stuff we haven't seen publicly yet. I don't know if they are going to all get shown in the July show but from what I've been able to see they are all high quality and they are almost all titles for 2020/2021 with one or two maybe slipping into early 2022.

I think there will be plenty to sell the system. I don't know what sony has in store for this holiday but its going to be hard to top this halo. Its the first halo as good as part 3 at least for me a non halo fan.

PSman1700, DSoup, AzBat and 2 others like this.
  8. Proelite

Veteran Regular Subscriber

The "disastrous" Road to Ps5 showing and the IX episode will be old memories by fall. They have no bearings on sales.

9. Rangers

Legend

No one will even remember this so called "disaster". Outside of a .01% that go one forums, probably nobody already does...

For that matter I was heavily impressed by the graphical chops of some early Xbox One showings like Ryse. The hardware remained underpowered vs the competition though. I guess to say any "showing" matter little vs the actual hardware brought to the table.

Silenti, PSman1700, Proelite and 2 others like this.
  10. DSoup

DSoup meh
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

I really hope so. I wasn't a fan of 4 or 5 - I'm only in for the story and campaign.

Silenti likes this.
  11. Unknown Soldier

Veteran

It's not true that people don't remember, likely just quietened down as the PS5 UE5 reveal and Ghost of Tsushima gameplay took away the backlash attention Microsoft were having and showed, in the UE5 demo at least, what is possible on the XBSX.

If the first party showcase is really good, then yes people will forget the third party disaster that happened. If the first party showcase isn't good and doesn't have actual gameplay, I bet you people will remember the third party gameplay disaster as well as any new criticism MS would then deserve.

It's likely it(first party showcase) won't be a disaster so yeah people might forget the third party showcase real quick after that.

12. ToTTenTranz

The Internet never forgets?
    Now that's wishful thinking in its purest form.

How old is this now?

DSoup and Unknown Soldier like this.
  13. VitaminB6

Newcomer

The average gamer doesn't even know MS / Sony have shown demo's. I work with about 5 other people that have an Xbox and they barley know that next gen systems are coming out this year. If it weren't for me telling them about it they probably wouldn't know. There's no real backlash for the games MS has shown so far, because the majority of people don't even know those games exist yet. When big third party games start to show gameplay that's when average gamers will start paying attention.

milk and London-boy like this.
  14. ToTTenTranz

Because neither of them have shown gameplay demos of actual games running on next-gen hardware so far. Save for Epic's demo, there's hardly anything to react to.

15. Shifty Geezer

Shifty Geezer uber-Troll!
    Moderator Legend

That's an outlier meme. Sony got lots of flack of Cerny's reveal, but the moment UE5 was shown, no-one cares. It's not like interest in PS5 after UE5 is less because the prior show wasn't exciting. It's not like reveals of MS'a first-party titles will be valued less because their indie showcase wasn't exciting. Interest in a platform is generally a MAX() function, not a MEAN() one.

TheAlSpark, VitaminB6 and cheapchips like this.
  16. VitaminB6

Newcomer

Agree

17. ToTTenTranz

They did? By whom?

The Road to PS5 youtube video somehow keeps getting universally referenced here on B3D as some boring monologue of Cerny talking to developers about architecture, that no one cared about, right?
    Yet it has over 15 million views, which is more than seven (7) times the xbox stream and later 60FPS upload combined, and a like/dislike ratio of 3:1.

Arwin and London-boy like this.
  18. mrcorbo

mrcorbo Foo Fighter
    Veteran

15 Million views indicates interest not satisfaction. And isn't 3:1 like to dislike kind of crap for your console reveal? It's no Xbox One (which seems to have been around 50/50), but I would expect better from a brand that is so popular and successful.

milk, chris1515 and Shifty Geezer like this.
  19. fehu

Veteran Regular

Outside of some forum, I've read only positive references about it, mostly about how much faster and out of reach is from series x and top end pc due to frequency and ssd.
    People have selective memory and understanding.

ToTTenTranz likes this.
  20. ToTTenTranz

PS5 console reveal? Where?
    Spilling the beans on specs for developers counts as a console reveal now?