Manhunt 2 announced and exclusive to...... Wii, Well not really *

Teasy

Veteran
Well ok it will have a PS2 release as well (likely so they can get some extra sales with a downgraded version). But as far as the next gen goes Manhunt 2 will be Wii only. I can't see I liked the first game, its just to sick and overly violent even for me, but its certainly a coup for Nintendo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well ok it will have a PS2 release as well (no doubt so they can get some extra sales with a downgraded version). But as far as the next gen goes Manhunt 2 will be Wii only. I can't see I liked the first game, its just to sick and overly violent even for me, but its certainly a coup for Nintendo.

You sure? EuroGamer say otherwise:
Rockstar is working on a follow-up to controversial 2003 stealth-action game Manhunt, where players were tasked with violently murdering gang members to help make underground snuff films.

It's due out on PlayStation 2, PSP and - believe it or not - Wii as soon as this summer, with primary development on the PS2/PSP versions going on at Rockstar's new London studio in conjunction with Rockstar North, while the publisher's Toronto studio has a go at the Wii version.

"With Manhunt 2 we have tried to create a game that stays close to the original concept of chilling suspense and stealth, whilst pushing the game design and storytelling forward," said Sam Houser, founder and executive producer of Rockstar Games.

"We are also excited to have our newest development team, Rockstar London, working on the title alongside our two established UK studios, Rockstar North and Leeds."

Edit: Okay, I see your twisted reasoning. It will play on the PS3 though, and although Wii is 'a new console'...

I said its coming out for PS2 as well. Just exclusive to Wii as far as new consoles are concerned.

You sure? EuroGamer say otherwise:

Edit: Okay, I see your twisted reasoning. It will play on the PS3 though, and although Wii is 'a new console'...

Twisted? :LOL: Yeah ok...... I suppose if it was announced for PS3 and PS2 that wouldn't be considered PS3 exclusive here? :)

I wouldn't get too excited over this. it's more "shovelware" moved from PS2 to Wii. Taking a PS2 game and tacking on Wii controls isn't going to make it sell. Wii needs games designed for it from the ground up. I'm certainly not going to waste my money on this game...

Well I'd hope this isn't just a quick port from PS2 with Wii controls tacked on. I see no reason to assume that at this point either. I'm not interested in the game personally, but it is good news for Wii and Nintendo IMO.

Well in my book exclusive to XYZ means the game will be released on XYZ only.

In that case there would be few games that could ever be called exclusive.

I think it is a bit hasty to assume that the PS2 version will be "downgraded" based on the average Wii offerings (PS2 will certainly have the superior control scheme). The first game wasn't exactly a graphical powerhouse to begin with.

Its hasty to think that a system much more powerful then PS2 will have the superior looking version of the game. But its not hasty to say something like "PS2 will certainly have the superior control scheme". Are you kidding?.. :LOL:

Teasy said:
In that case there would be few games that could ever be called exclusive.

Well there is the concept of a timed exclusive... In any case, I do see your point but I say let's agree to disagree on this one :) I need sleep.

I wouldn't get too excited over this. it's more "shovelware" moved from PS2 to Wii. Taking a PS2 game and tacking on Wii controls isn't going to make it sell. Wii needs games designed for it from the ground up. I'm certainly not going to waste my money on this game...

Yeah, pretty much. What's worst, these guys have no experience with the GC hardware, so the Wii version's graphics will probably look like a rotting roadkill skunk left to dry out in the heat.

Yeah, pretty much. What's worst, these guys have no experience with the GC hardware, so the Wii version's graphics will probably look like a rotting roadkill skunk left to dry out in the heat.

What games from Rockstar don't look like rotting roadkill skunk?

Even if that were the case I bet it'd still be the best looking version of the game ;)

Well I'd hope this isn't just a quick port from PS2 with Wii controls tacked on. I see no reason to assume that at this point either.
It's being developed for the PS2 and the PSP, with seprate studio working on the Wii port. I hope I'm wrong, but that smells like shovelware to me.

It's being developed for the PS2 and the PSP, with seprate studio working on the Wii port. I hope I'm wrong, but that smells like shovelware to me.
At least the Wii controls will be innovative and controversial if Rockstar pulls it off right. This will be an important title for Nintendo, a gateway to GTA. Manhunt is Rockstar's most violent title, anyhow. This could cause jack Thompson to look at the console.

I guess, but I'd really like to see more games built for the Wii rather than more stuff ported from notably less powerfull hardware.

If they can get Wacko Jacko raving about the Wii providing an even deeper and more accurate "killing simulation" maybe that'll get some of the "nintendoz r teh kiddyz!" idiots to be quiet for once.

Back