mail notification of replys not working

Sage

13 short of a dozen
Regular
it's not for me. hasn't been over the past week or so. although i just started posting again. oops, and i did that without meaning to, too. dammit i slipped up. oh well, at least Mr Hurt-Sages-Feelings-And-Made-Sage-Cry doesn't seem to be around anymore. I can't believe he said that. He really did make me cry. I miss him :cry:. Dammit.

Sage said:
it's not for me. hasn't been over the past week or so. although i just started posting again. oops, and i did that without meaning to, too. dammit i slipped up. oh well, at least Mr Hurt-Sages-Feelings-And-Made-Sage-Cry doesn't seem to be around anymore. I can't believe he said that. He really did make me cry. I miss him :cry:. Dammit.

You're not talking about me are you?
Where did you get the idea that i was gone? I'm like HIV. Can't get rid of me that easily. And to be honest, i stumbled upon this thread completely by mistake, don't know how i just totally failed to acknowledge it when you created it. Oh well.

Better now, Mr MEMEMEEEE?

(Sorry, bit of a politically-incorrect joke but hey...)

london-boy said:
You're not talking about me are you?
why yes actually i was...
Where did you get the idea that i was gone? I'm like HIV. Can't get rid of me that easily.
well i hadnt seen you around much
Better now, Mr MEMEMEEEE?
yes, at the moment. I started some bipolar medicine thurs. i dont know if its supposed to kick in immediately or after like a month or so as most do. It doesnt actually help with the mania though, only the depression. I hope this stuff works because if it doesnt then I'll jump off a bridge or something. Not out of depression, mind you, but if it doesnt then I will be truely incapable of doing anything with my life and so will just be wasting air. Well, I might be capable of doing one thing still and that's hurting people (because shit that happened to me sometimes drives the people it happens to to do the same thing to others) and I would sooner kill myself than hurt someone and perpetuate the problem even further.

You won't jump off a bridge (I hope so). And don't start hurting people, that's the worst you can do.

Sage said:
why yes actually i was...
I was playing dumb. Comes natural sometimes.

well i hadnt seen you around much
I've been around even more than usual!! Look at my post count!! :devilish:

yes, at the moment. I started some bipolar medicine thurs. i dont know if its supposed to kick in immediately or after like a month or so as most do. It doesnt actually help with the mania though, only the depression. I hope this stuff works because if it doesnt then I'll jump off a bridge or something. Not out of depression, mind you, but if it doesnt then I will be truely incapable of doing anything with my life and so will just be wasting air. Well, I might be capable of doing one thing still and that's hurting people (because shit that happened to me sometimes drives the people it happens to to do the same thing to others) and I would sooner kill myself than hurt someone and perpetuate the problem even further.
Sweetheart, you know there are a lot of shades of gay in between Black and White.
On on extreme, You don't have to hurt anyone, or think you are somewhat responsible for the pain other people cause to themselves. And on the other extreme, you don't need to think you have to kill yourself to avoid such occurances.
You should just stop thinking so much. Or maybe that's unavoidable. I thought it wasn't possible, but it is possible, with a big enough effort, to stop thinking as much as you usually do about the evil of the world, and just start thinking about yourself, for once. It might sound selfish (i thought it was, and sometimes still do), but you will feel much better once it happens.

nono, I'm just saying there's not much point to living if I can't get over my problem because it's completely disabling. I'm not capable of actually accomplishing anything.

Sage said:
nono, I'm just saying there's not much point to living if I can't get over my problem because it's completely disabling. I'm not capable of actually accomplishing anything.

What would you like to accomplish, and in what way does you condition keep you from accomplishing it?

Sage said:
...and I would sooner kill myself than hurt someone and perpetuate the problem even further.

I understood it as hurting other people verbally, I assumed you're not the violent kind of guy. What does your problem actually look like, if you don't mind?

_xxx_ said:
Sage said:
...and I would sooner kill myself than hurt someone and perpetuate the problem even further.

I understood it as hurting other people verbally, I assumed you're not the violent kind of guy. What does your problem actually look like, if you don't mind?

It doens't "look" like anything, from what i gathered. Its all in here *taps head*...

london-boy said:
What would you like to accomplish, and in what way does you condition keep you from accomplishing it?

making money, making friends, having fun, etc etc

london-boy said:
_xxx_ said:

It doens't "look" like anything, from what i gathered. Its all in here *taps head*...

heh... heheheh... heheh.... heh.... no not verbally. and i dont mean violently either (although I do have violent outbursts occasionally when I get manic.... but I usually constrain those to inanimate objects like walls and such... often end up hurting my hands quite badly) but, rather, something else. reread the post where I described it maybe you'll figure out what's wrong with my head. I think I've talked to l-b about it before so he might have figured out what i mean.

Sage said:
london-boy said:

making money, making friends, having fun, etc etc

I'm not sure why i even try, cause it's obvious that you've talked about it to professionals already, but if u wanna explain how your condition (apart from being in the middle of nowhere) keeps you from making money, friends and having fun, that might help focus on the real causes.

I think I've talked to l-b about it before so he might have figured out what i mean.

I have the memory of a red fish.
But if you're talking about what i think you're talking about, then yeah i remember.

london-boy said:
I'm not sure why i even try, cause it's obvious that you've talked about it to professionals already, but if u wanna explain how your condition (apart from being in the middle of nowhere) keeps you from making money, friends and having fun, that might help focus on the real causes.
actually, i dont live in the middle of nowhere anymore. i moved to dallas, remember? I live right on Oak Lawn. Cedar Springs and OaK Lawn, actually. If you're gay (and we KNOW you're gay) and have been to dallas then you should know where cedar springs and oak lawn are.

my condition prevents me from doing those things because i will get manic, get something going, and then crash into depression which causes me to completely abandon whatever it was was doing. Basically, every month I have a few days (or hours even) in which I can actually be productive and do something other than sit around feeling like shit. But, on those days that I can actually be productive I can't get anything done either because the more manic I am (which will increase as i get older) the faster my brain works... meaning I have racing thoughs, can't stay on one long enough to actually do anything about it.

But if you're talking about what i think you're talking about, then yeah i remember.

probably you are correct. and so you understand why I mustn't ever allow myself to do that.

Sage said:
actually, i dont live in the middle of nowhere anymore. i moved to dallas, remember?
No.

I live right on Oak Lawn. Cedar Springs and OaK Lawn, actually. If you're gay (and we KNOW you're gay) .
Now why would you assume that of me? :LOL:

and have been to dallas then you should know where cedar springs and oak lawn are
Nope, never been.

my condition prevents me from doing those things because i will get manic, get something going, and then crash into depression which causes me to completely abandon whatever it was was doing. Basically, every month I have a few days (or hours even) in which I can actually be productive and do something other than sit around feeling like shit. But, on those days that I can actually be productive I can't get anything done either because the more manic I am (which will increase as i get older) the faster my brain works... meaning I have racing thoughs, can't stay on one long enough to actually do anything about it.

And i guess there's not much you can do about it... One question, is it hereditary? Or at least, is it a condition that was present in your genes and was somehow triggered? I am turning to curiosity, since i dont' see how i can help you.

probably you are correct. and so you understand why I mustn't ever allow myself to do that.

*lost*... Do what?

london-boy said:
And i guess there's not much you can do about it... One question, is it hereditary? Or at least, is it a condition that was present in your genes and was somehow triggered? I am turning to curiosity, since i dont' see how i can help you.
yeah it's hereditary. medicine helps. well, assuming it's bipolar and not something else. but, when you have to go on medicine to help calm the mania and depression it zombifies you. most pople end up spending the rest of their lives on the couch. the mania usually doesnt kick in bigtime until the early 30's so right now I'm just on stuff to help with the depression. lithium is probably the best-known medicine for bipolar.

*lost*... Do what?
the same thing that was done to me

Back