LuxMark v2.0 released

Discussion in 'GPGPU Technology & Programming' started by Dade, Jan 30, 2012.

1. CarstenS

Veteran Subscriber

Wow! Whenwill those betas be available? That's 35% more perf for 13% more MHz - compared across systems. Or did you use GPU+CPU?

2. OpenGL guy

Veteran

That was GPU only. I am not seeing much scaling on my machine when I use CPU+GPU, I need to see if there's been a regression.

3. Man from Atlantis

Regular

my cpu cant feed the gpu enough when both are selected.. gpu usage hovers around 70-90%..

4. sinektik

Newcomer

i noticed the following on the simple scene using my 6990...

luxmark v1.0 - 21k
    luxmark v2.0 - 16k

Huge performance drop despite the fact that as far as i can see image quality is the same for the two versions of luxmark when benching the simple scene... (drivers 11.10, amd app sdk 2.5something, unlocked bios)... I noticed similar performance drops on luxmark v1.0 when going from catalyst 11.11 (app sdk 2.5) to catalyst 11.12 (app sdk 2.6).

5. Dade

Newcomer

It is a known problem of AMD driver on Windows, there is a thread on their OpenCL forum about abnormal CPU utilization on Windows, especially with multiple GPUs. They should have already addressed this issue however I don't know if the fix has been included in the latest drivers (I haven't yet tried 12.1).

Everything works fine on Linux (i.e. CPU+GPU is faster than GPU-only).

6. OpenGL guy

Veteran

Yes, AMD (i.e. we) have been working on this issue in Windows and I have drivers with code that should address the problem ;) As I said, I'll look into it.

7. Dade

Newcomer

Haha, ok :wink: