lost rep points over night...

silence

Regular
ok.... it ISNT big deal, but i am curious if some admin deleted them or something happened to DB...or.....
its just weird... thats why i am posting here.... i wouldnt even go look if i hadnt 3 squares yesterday and 2 now when i logged in.... i think i had all 3 in the morning, just few hours ago.. dunno really (didnt have coffee back then so i didnt notice shit).....

if this was done cause somehow, somewhere i did something wrong, please let me know, cause i have been trying my best since i came back and broke my word.... (as i said, damn you guys for being great community)....

its just that i wanna do everything by the book and if there was anything that broke some rule i am asking to be told, so i dont do that again..... thats all....

thank you very much (in advance)

I can't see anything in the mods panel regarding rep history that's been removed. If you're not sure you even had more than 200 rep then it's likely you didn't I guess, or there's a glitch in the Matrix somewhere.

Don't worry about, you only need one more good rep to push you over the side :D

Rys said:
I can't see anything in the mods panel regarding rep history that's been removed. If you're not sure you even had more than 200 rep then it's likely you didn't I guess, or there's a glitch in the Matrix somewhere.

Don't worry about, you only need one more good rep to push you over the side :D

i had 200 exactlly.... for day or two....
and as i said, its not that,i just want to know if i did something wrong for my rep to be taken so i dont do it again...

and yes,i'll prolly have that soon anyway, thats no big deal.... all i wanna know is if i broke some rule....

Reactions: Geo
That's weird, mine is at the same number it was yesterday.

I'd bump ya back up, but I can't yet until I spread some more around...I will get you back up there though. :)

LOL digi.... it really isnt about having 2 or 3 squares... i was really concerened if i did something wrong and i if i did i just wanted to know what, so i dont do it again....

OTOH,i wont mind you generous offer :LOL:

Don't think you did anything wrong. Don't worry about it :D

Yeah, I remember he was three squares and had passed Test1. So some weirdness must have happened.

Could this be the "grey rep" thing, as someone with disabled reputation gave bad rep and turned his rep back on?

I think that reputation is calculated on the fly and isn't static.

So if somebody drops in status that used to give you a bunch of points, you lose some too.

Or that's my best guess.

I've seen my points fluctuate quite a bit without any new comments.

RussSchultz said:
I think that reputation is calculated on the fly and isn't static.

So if somebody drops in status that used to give you a bunch of points, you lose some too.

Or that's my best guess.

I've seen my points fluctuate quite a bit without any new comments.

Ditto here.

nope... person who gave didnt drop and points that went missing were less then 36 hours old.....

thats why i started this, so if i broke some rule i just want to know and avoid doing it again... no more, no less....
i can always turn the bloody thing off.... but i dont want to break any rules on these boards and since it was fresh rep and it disappeared over night i came here to ask about what happened....

Rys said:
I can't see anything in the mods panel regarding rep history that's been removed.
Its not in the Mod panel - in the admin panel I can see all the reps left from / for, comments and the threads it relates to, so yes I can see who are being jerks with the system.

Dave Baumann said:
Its not in the Mod panel - in the admin panel I can see all the reps left from / for, comments and the threads it relates to, so yes I can see who are being jerks with the system.
good to know someone is seeing what some are doing with the rep thing. I think ive only given one person rep (in this particular case bad rep) in the last week.

epic

epicstruggle said:
good to know someone is seeing what some are doing with the rep thing. I think ive only given one person rep (in this particular case bad rep) in the last week.

epic

Meanie!

It's amazing all the furor over this board feature. I'm tempted to disable reputation on my account in protest, and to go out while I'm still on top. :cool:

epicstruggle said:

epic

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. Personally I've gone out of my way to hunt down posts from folks who are clearly deserving from a "services rendered" pov to express my appreciation for same.

Back