Lost Planet Demo

Tap In

Legend
supposedly it was available on XBL marketplace for a short time (officially coming tomorrow)

the people that have given impressions are saying it's ... :oops: great "demo is better than some current full 360 games"

I am looking forward to trying it

anyone else get there hands on it today?

What the hell?? Word is it's been taken down...damn work :devilish:

They better put it back up! Somepeople are saying it wasn't due out until tomorrow??

the battle system reminds me of Gears of War to be honest (with completely different environments) the cover system is not like GoW but the combat and shooting feels like how GoW looks in game play

unreal looking visuals, the particle effects are astounding

Edit:

just read that this game got pushed up to 4th qtr 2006 :D

Last edited by a moderator:
yup, cool game...

can see that it has areas which need tweaking gameplay wise, but shows a remarkable level of polish for a game that is so far away.

impressed

I love the new trailer its insane. Is the demo a steady 60fps ? Motion blurred particle effects are jaw dropping.

what a fun demo, nice and long with a decent challenge, the explosions in this game are something else. I kicked ass on the arachnid mission, but then those snow pirates took me out on the 2nd mission.

Very fun game, I had a blast, controls were good if not great. Kinda wish the 45 degree turn would do more like 30, and it could really use some better stealth controls.

2 Thumbs way up!

I can not stop playing this demo
props to capcom

if you don't own a 360, make friends with someone who does and check this demo out on hiDef. :oops:

seriously NEXT GEN stuff here

I thought it was pretty mediocre. Reminded me of a futuristic (less realistic) version of GRAW (so if you liked that, it may be worth checking out). I thought it was boring. It looked pretty and the motion blur was a neat touch (was very well done) -- the environment was a little boring (in the first mission at least), but some of the monsters were pretty neat.

Worth checking out the demo, but it isn't a game I'd buy (more personal taste than glaring flaw with the game).

Bobbler said:
I thought it was pretty mediocre. Reminded me of a futuristic (less realistic) version of GRAW (so if you liked that, it may be worth checking out). I thought it was boring. It looked pretty and the motion blur was a neat touch (was very well done) -- the environment was a little boring (in the first mission at least), but some of the monsters were pretty neat.

Worth checking out the demo, but it isn't a game I'd buy (more personal taste than glaring flaw with the game).

agreed

I'd probably not love the SP, I'd buy it if it includes a great multiplayer portion.

I just think that it is so beautiful that I can't stop looking at it. The particles, the explosions, the blur, the animation :smile:

Back