"Lost Odyssey" a catalyst to sell millions in Japan & tens of millions in Europe?

What impact will "Lost Odyssey" have?

• Lost Odyssey has a great chance of selling a lot of XB360's in Japan & Europe

Votes: 46 41.8%
  • The PS3 is going to crush everything at the Tokyo Game Show.

Votes: 64 58.2%

• Total voters

Brimstone

B3D Shockwave Rider
Veteran
Lost Odyssey and the XB360 look to be poised to dominate the Tokyo Game Show because of this exclusive game created by the legendary Hironobu Sakaguchi. The man responible for being the father of the Final Fantasy series and one of the original founders of Square Soft, is a iconic figure in Japan and is set to make a grand comeback.

The early buzz for Lost Odyssey is very positive. The impact may reverberate all the way into the Japanese developer community and cause mass defections from Square-Enix. Not long ago mass defections from Capcom resulted in Gamer Repulic. Yoshiki Okamoto, the creator of Street Fighter and Resident Evil, departed Capcom and many has left along with him.

Discontent seems rampant in the Japanese developer community, and a really strong showing by Mistwalker might cause a big shake-up.

...The hell.

The two options and the premise of this poll are a tad on the dramatic side.

It'll take more than Lost Odyssey to change the face of the gaming industry. Neither option is really all that great, but I think the PS3 one is a bit more realistic (if written differently).

Agreed. The opitions are abit extreme, so I won't vote untill theres a few more opitions.

I can see the PS3 winning TGS (Unless they do another E3...), but to say that they crush everything there is abit extreme.

Is this a joke thread or something???Where does....Europe fit in all this??

Anyway i could care less if Japan will buy the X360 cause of LO,all i care is that LO will probably be another great game for me to play and i believe that it will be a big hit in the U.S(and pal markets) since it seems that it will have universal appeal just like games like FF do..

These two options don't seem to be inversely related so i'm not sure how much value the poll will have.

The PS3 could still crush everything at TGS but LO and BD sell lots of copies in JP and EU.

LO would both have to look and look like it plays better than FFXIII (IE look like and play more like what FF gamers hoped for from a next gen FF) in order to muster up any damage in Japan or Europe...

The thread title is a crack inspired vision.

The options in the poll, I can conceivably agree with them both. Having seen the Lost Odyssey screens, for the first time ever, I actually have an interest in a 360 game. I don’t think I’ll be alone with that sentiment. I certainly can’t wait to see more!

As everyone has said already, quite poor choices in this poll.

I'll not vote. However I think the 360 need a little more than a single game to sell well in japan.

As everyone has said already, quite poor choices in this poll.

I'll not vote. However I think the 360 need a little more than a single game to sell well in japan.

When LO launches, there should already be a good 4 or 5 other JRPG's available, as well as stuff like Dead Rising, Lost Planet etc, it should have a decent japanese lineup by then.

Whether it sells Systems in Japan or not is irrelevant to me, all I know is that this game is whats compelling me to get an Xbox360. So thats 1 Purchase in the States!

Thread title sucks. Yes it will help sell some units in Japan. But the same was thought of 99 nights, Enchanted Arm and DOA. I would love to see it sell 10's of millions in Europe though. It would be the highest selling game of all time which is very likely ;)

Whether it sells Systems in Japan or not is irrelevant to me, all I know is that this game is whats compelling me to get an Xbox360. So thats 1 Purchase in the States!

I agree.

I've always wanted the PS3, but the 360 is looking like the better option(for me.)

Unless Sony shows me some quality Japanese titles and less FPS crap, I'll just buy the 360.

Difficult to answer this question.. its like answering this one: "have you ever tried sugar or PCP: Yes/No".. ;)

I believe that one game alone can change the winds for 360 in Japan to more positive reaction.. Mistwalker has two, Blue Dragon and Lost odyssey...

TGS is soon, we´ll have to see then...

Back