Lost Judgement [PS4, PS5, XO, XBSX|S]

Something I found interesting.

So, how convoluted can licensing get?

Rumor: Lost Judgment 2 cancelled over Lost Judgment Steam release - GameRevolution

Sega wants to release the game on PC because sales for the Yakuza series has been quite good on Steam. Unfortunately, due to licensing issues it looks unlikely to happen. The issue? The lead actor's talent agency does not want the Actor's likeness to appear on PC because of how easily it can connect to the internet.

Quick, don't tell them that the consoles are also easily connected to the internet. :p

And this means that Lost Judgment 2 appears to have been cancelled despite how well the first title did since Sega doesn't want to develop the game if there is no PC version ... due to how well their titles are doing on PC.

Regards,
SB

Time for them to do a large asset replacement and retcon the troublesome actor out of the situation entirely, if possible.

As absurd as this sounds, said talent agency has strict policies in place, and according to Nikkan Taishu the agency does not want the game to be on PC For SEGA, Steam has become increasingly important and hard to ignore Just a baffling situation that can hopefully be resolved
This famitsu article image of Judgment 1's launch event shows you how absurd this agency is.

E6FwnAwUYAM09Du

Just replace his model with majima or something for pc and rebrand it as Judgement - Majima Edition or something

finished after 46h of playing, still good old yakuza I mean judgment ;d good narration with unconventional story, tones of side missions (quite complex school stories missions) and a lot of fight, I would like in future to see some engine improvements as shimmering is very noticible, texture quality often bad, and generally more money and probably time in next games is needed as still side mission are without dubbing and quality of some models are very poor, on the other hand some real time cutscenes (face graphics sometimes close to photorealism) and fighting choreography are top level

I'm currently close to finishing Yakuza 6 and I really want to play a proper PS5 Yakuza-type game. I am hoping Lost Judgement is everything I am looking for!

I'm currently close to finishing Yakuza 6 and I really want to play a proper PS5 Yakuza-type game. I am hoping Lost Judgement is everything I am looking for!

Imagine Yakuza, but you're a detective who used to be a lawyer. It's similar enough to have that comfortable familiarity of gameplay and humor, but different enough that it has its own identity.

Regards,
SB

Finished Y6. Pretty good game, but Kiryu has to be the biggest hypocrite in gaming. He talks all the time about family and "his" kids being super important, but anytime he has any chance he runs away from them as fast as possible (at least in Y5 and Y6). The rest of the story was pretty good though....

Last edited:
This game is a huge improvement over the previous game.

Sure the formula is basically the same, lots of jankyness also still the exact same. But the overall experience are way better.

Everything from the story pacing to the gameplay flow are much better.

This game is a huge improvement over the previous game.

Sure the formula is basically the same, lots of jankyness also still the exact same. But the overall experience are way better.

Everything from the story pacing to the gameplay flow are much better.
wouldn't call it huge improvement, same engine and graphics, still side missions without dubbing and poor npc models, same Kamurocho + Yokohama from y7, difference is in story and that thx to skateboard you can skip many fights ;d

wouldn't call it huge improvement, same engine and graphics, still side missions without dubbing and poor npc models, same Kamurocho + Yokohama from y7, difference is in story and that thx to skateboard you can skip many fights ;d

for ryu ga gotoku studio, i consider those huge improvement hahaha.

Reactions: snc
This game would be so much better with another lead character. He is supposed to be 36 but looks like he's 50 and wears a leather jacket and haircut that all born men would be ashamed of. Epic fail Nagoshi!

This game would be so much better with another lead character. He is supposed to be 36 but looks like he's 50 and wears a leather jacket and haircut that all born men would be ashamed of. Epic fail Nagoshi!

its the usual trope of "main character must look distinct". albeit not in a good way....

Kiryu is distinctive AND cool! I think KimuTaku's voice would work, but they could do something about the look of the character....

Back