Looking to buy a Dell 2405FPW LCD

I'm curious how many 2405s that Dell has sold! It seems quite a few people have them (at least on these enthusiast sights!). Many have picked them up for under $1000, some as low as in the $800s!

Also, I wonder what Dell's pricing for such a sweet 24" has impacted the competition. Before the 2405 it was like $1600 for a 23".

If you just go to Fatwallet occasionally you will eventually find a coupon for the 2405FPW. It got one down to $850 for me. I powerfully recommend this monitor if you can spare the cash.

Here's a link to a search for it on their forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Windfire said:
I'm curious how many 2405s that Dell has sold! It seems quite a few people have them (at least on these enthusiast sights!). Many have picked them up for under $1000, some as low as in the $800s!

Also, I wonder what Dell's pricing for such a sweet 24" has impacted the competition. Before the 2405 it was like $1600 for a 23".

I was at my bookstore on campus at UCSC and they're selling the Apple Cinema 23" display for like $1400, this girl was looking at one and said to me, "Doesn't this look cool? I want one."

I told her about the 2405FPW as well as the 2005FPW on Dell and even showed her the website on the same Apple monitor with the mac mini (kinda ironic to have such a small computer with a massive monitor). Now I have a feeling I have made another follower to the 2405 cult.

Dell 2005FPW is $394 at the moment. gotapex.net, use the coupons for Dell SB.

Just ordered it. $421.95 with tax.

NOW WORKING! DellHome - Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor for ONLY $779.35, 2005FPW 20.1" Widescreen LCD Monitor for ONLY $394.35, and Dell 1905 19" LCD Monitor for $275.30! Won`t Last!
www.gotapex.com

epicstruggle said:
NOW WORKING! DellHome - Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor for ONLY $779.35, 2005FPW 20.1" Widescreen LCD Monitor for ONLY $394.35, and Dell 1905 19" LCD Monitor for $275.30! Won`t Last!
www.gotapex.com

Nooooooooooooooooooo. I hate you Epic, I hate you with a passion that is only exceeded by my hatred for Madonna (don't ask).

John Reynolds said:
Nooooooooooooooooooo. I hate you Epic, I hate you with a passion that is only exceeded by my hatred for Madonna (don't ask).
You know something. You can call dell and tell them that they are offering it at a cheaper price. Im 99.9% sure they will match the new price. Also this is a good excuse to get a second monitor (for the wife). :)

epic

You tempt me sorely with your wares, but I will refrain from the forbidden fruit for another few months...

Hopefully by then (after Dec.) I will be able to get an LCD even cheaper... arg so lovely, so tempting... must resist, avert my eyes...

John Reynolds said:
Hehe:
[font=Verdana,Arial]Great news people. Dell Home will have 35% off their Dell 2405FPW 24" Wide Screen LCD Display starting tomorrow morning at 6am CST (4am PST). That brings the price from $1199 - 35% coupon + $1 handling = $780 with free shipping. The code is limited to 4000 uses, plan on purchasing in the morning if you want to get in on this. Credit to Ben.

Early bird gets the worm!

Coupon COde: D8Q403R9G4FJ32 (Thanks premed428)

Math: 780 - 35 off 300 coupon (eBay) - 25 off w/DPA - 3% (FatCash) = ~$699.

WITH FatCash this could possibly be the best deal on the 24" yet.

Give GREEN IF you think it's an overall ok deal.
[/font]
Sub $700 price.
epic

Bfigved said:
Not exactly the Dell 2405FPW, but still a realy good monitor.
The HP f2304

Hi-Res picture!

Only problem is it's bringing my poor Radeon X800XL to it's knees ;-) (Can't beat gaming in 1920x1200 :D)

Oh, baby!! [the monitor is okay too tho!]

Hey guys, i was thinking of picking up the 2405FPW to use as my monitor for pc & Xbox 360. What do you think, good idea or bad? You'll seem pretty happy with it. Please give pros & cons.

Thanks,
Victor

vblh said:
Hey guys, i was thinking of picking up the 2405FPW to use as my monitor for pc & Xbox 360. What do you think, good idea or bad? You'll seem pretty happy with it. Please give pros & cons.

Thanks,
Victor

Dude, definately go for it!

I lived in a dorm and now an apartment and it's great to play my Xbox on my 2405FPW. The monitor has composite and component in so you can easily hook up two consoles. I have my Xbox using the component with the HD AV pack, my GCN on the composite, and finally my PC on the DVI. I still have room for a VGA and S-Video in.

Just FYI though, you need to get a Y cable to join the two Left and right audio channels to plug into the PC sound card's "Line-In" or speakers. I have my Xbox sound output to my PC so it plays from my speakers from my PC.

The monitor has Picture-in-Picture and Picture-by-Picture. I use PBP to play Halo 2 on one side of the screen and my PC desktop on the other to use to do things like AIM, B3D, play music, etc.

The monitor is capable to 1080i so it's perfect for the X360 when it comes out! I can't wait to hook it up.

Epic, you totally suck - you just cost me about $830 with shipping and taxes...damn, can't believe I just did that...now I need a new video card cuz the 9700 Pro ain't going to cut it and that means a new MB since my Neo3 is AGP and I might as well get an X2 proc while I'm at it and 2 GB of RAM...Epic, you started a rather costly process here...I hate you more than John hate Madonna! :) :)

Mize said:
Epic, you totally suck - you just cost me about $830 with shipping and taxes...damn, can't believe I just did that...now I need a new video card cuz the 9700 Pro ain't going to cut it and that means a new MB since my Neo3 is AGP and I might as well get an X2 proc while I'm at it and 2 GB of RAM...Epic, you started a rather costly process here...I hate you more than John hate Madonna! :) :)
/grin Hehe, you dont know how hard it was to resist getting 2 of them myself. I have a sneaking suspicion that dell is trying to unload these monitors to make room for something bigger and better. Lol, maybe im just going delusional.

epic

Mize said:

Dude, i'm in the same boat!

I just got a 4400+ X2, 2 GB RAM, Asus AN8-E, and a eVGA Geforce 7800GTX to upgrade my 2 year old system. Finally I will be able to maximize my monitor's capabilities!

Thanks Bouy, nice to hear it works well for you. Not worring about the audio part as i plan to run the audio via opitcal straight to Logitech Z5500

martrox said:
"I just purchased my Dell 2405FPW directly from Neilson Distributing on sale for $780.00 + shipping. They offer “Premium Grade” monitors they certify for no dead/bright pixels. This was a cheapest price available on the net. There number is 800-526-1744."

Might give them a call.....

Does this company actually exist? Is it all a scam? I just ask b/c when you google it you just find a bunch of forum posts saying to call them for LCDs and BMW parts. It does not make a lot of sense.

Further, if you look you will see the the majority are posts by a first time member. It looks like a marketing scam at best, and outright fraud at worst.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back