Looking to buy a Dell 2405FPW LCD

John Reynolds

Ecce homo
Veteran
I'm really interested in buying this monitor but they're currently going for $1,019, a bit too rich for my blood. What are the best sites that list online coupons so I can keep an eye out for a good time to buy this display?

TIA!

John Reynolds said:
I'm really interested in buying this monitor but they're currently going for $1,019, a bit too rich for my blood. What are the best sites that list online coupons so I can keep an eye out for a good time to buy this display?

TIA!
best site on the web:
http://www.fatwallet.com/c/18
also
www.gotapex.com

currently you can get a 2405 shipped for 899.95. Also if you call dell you might get a better deal, just hagel with the CS that answers. I got 3 of the 2001 for about 600$ a piece about 2-3 years ago, which was an incredible deal back when i got them. All i did was talk for 20 some minutes with the CS until he gave me the deal i liked.

Also note that there are deals that include a computer with the monitor. Keep an eye on those.

epic
ps if you wait you can get the monitors as low as 800 dollars, just read the old threads over at fatwallet.

I use Bens Bargains:
http://bensbargains.net/index.shtml

It should be noted that Dell tends to give the best deals at the end of their quarters - at the end of their last quarter the 2405 was availible for under $800.00 shipped. Also, John, found this:

"I just purchased my Dell 2405FPW directly from Neilson Distributing on sale for $780.00 + shipping. They offer “Premium Gradeâ€￾ monitors they certify for no dead/bright pixels. This was a cheapest price available on the net. There number is 800-526-1744."

Might give them a call.....

One of my best friends is using one.....upgraded from a 2001. Using it on a G5 Mac & PC....loves it!

In fact, this monitor may be the best reason to consider SLI......

I need a monitor. Preferably LCD, preferably 19" or larger. Suggestions? Cheap is good, too. :p (My CRT makes my already-hot room unbearably hot, so...)

Wait till the end of the quarter for a Dell 2005 20.1" WS......I got mine for $375.00 shipped. 1650x1280.........I love it!

martrox said:
Wait till the end of the quarter for a Dell 2005 20.1" WS......I got mine for $375.00 shipped. 1650x1280.........I love it!
are you kidding me? I love the widescreen res on my laptop (1920x1200... heh) because it's so good for coding, but $375? holy crap. I've got that much money lying around...

martrox said:
Just need some patience, Baron. I'll post the next time I see em cheap, ok?
okay, thanks. I almost bought the Dell 17" with the 12ms response over the summer, but 17" seems a bit small (1280x1024... admittedly, I'm only running in 1280x960 on this POS 19", but still).

martrox said:

It's 1680x1050 actually. Very nice display (sitting in front of one ;)), but not to be had in Europe that cheaply... :(

John Reynolds said:
Being the patient soul that I am, I just pulled the trigger on the 2405FPW for $899 (found a coupon at Gotapex).
Could you please post your impressions when you get it? I'm thinking about getting a bunch for the office and home.

Do you have tax as well? Shipping all that?

I am sometimes tempted to get someone who doesn't have dell tax to buy it for me and ship it, but it is too much of a hassle.

John Reynolds said:
Being the patient soul that I am, I just pulled the trigger on the 2405FPW for $899 (found a coupon at Gotapex).
lol, now thats being patient. From what i read over at [H] this monitor is just bad ass. I think youll be very happy with it. Did you get 1 or 2?

epic

Sxotty said:
Do you have tax as well? Shipping all that?

I am sometimes tempted to get someone who doesn't have dell tax to buy it for me and ship it, but it is too much of a hassle.
shipping was inclured but tax is now almost in every state.

epic

epicstruggle said:
lol, now thats being patient. From what i read over at [H] this monitor is just bad ass. I think youll be very happy with it. Did you get 1 or 2?

epic

Just one. Not sure how I'd use two of these to be honest. :p

John Reynolds said:
Just one. Not sure how I'd use two of these to be honest. :p
Arent there quite a few sim games that can take advantage of multi-monitor set-ups? Im sure you could add to your reviews whether a game could properly take advantage of dual (or tria) monitor set-ups. :)

epic

epicstruggle said:
Arent there quite a few sim games that can take advantage of multi-monitor set-ups? Im sure you could add to your reviews whether a game could properly take advantage of dual (or tria) monitor set-ups.

epic

Hey, that's work. I work to generate the cash to buy this thing. I'm not going to then turn around and make work outside of work for myself.

Back