Looking for some cyber cafe management software to recommend

Blackraven

Newcomer
My friend is thinking of setting up an internet cafe/LAN shop/network PC gaming center (as it seems to be a lucrative business in where I'm from).

Thing is though, my friend is looking for some cybercafe management software. He's heard of many different names and products (i.e. Cafe Manila, Cyber Cafe Pro, Cafe Zee 4.0, Cafesuite, Cafe Cop, Easy Cafe, etc.) but he's having a hard time as to which software is trustworthy or the best suited to his needs.

So with that said, what cybercafe management software can you recommend to my friend here?

I'd about this ask over on the DDWRT forums. Lots of network savvy folk there. DDWRT itself has some features specifically for this but I'm sure you can get quite a few more general viewpoints/experiences there too.

Most of the open wifi hotspots at restaurants that I have used simply have an open wireless router. The concerns that come to my mind are with maybe preventing clients from seeing each other and making sure that your systems are not accessible (probably a separate router). If you want to charge, then you want the fancy software/firmware.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which country are you from? Cyber cafes are all but dead in canada.

Philippines (a country located in South East Asia) :)

Apparently, where I'm from, these types of businesses are lucrative as there are some of us who don't have high-end PCs and thus our internet connections are real crappy (heck, there are some of us who still can't afford broadband yet sadly due to poverty and whatnot :(). Also, it could probably be a cultural thing for us here as the gaming experience is made better when played with friends altogether in one room or location.

I guess those are the reasons why these of businesses are thriving where I'm from.

Anyways:
Interesting stuff.

Oh btw, I'm just observer regarding this but in my experience with observing establishments and this kind of software is well how should I put it..........

Most common functions that these software do are:
-lock/unlock the user client units
-monitor status and time of unit(s) used
-ability for a user to place an order or request (i.e. like ordering food, drinks or sending a message to the counter/administrator)
-ability for log-off, shutdown, restart and all power off functions (controlled by the server)
-ability to put restrictions

That's what comes into my mind. The question is: Within this group of software applications, are there certain software programs that do these jobs/tasks better than others..........or are they all the same?

Back